Roller Skating Songs

Slip'nn2Darkness

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score
Before I even read one word on this thread, the VERY first song that came to mind was this Dazz Band classic track. To this day, every time I hear this song, I see hazy memories from the rink.

:grinthumb

I have that album.. I bought it for the song "Joystick" but this song off the LP was a favorite..

Kinda a mix of guys like KC and the sunshine band.. They had a white keyboardist..

Sorry Magic.. I only went skating maybe a couple of times when I was really young.. I have no clue what was played.. When I got older I picked up skate boarding in half pipes and trick riding on the street.

snowblue

Reaction score
My daughter used to go to the ice skating rink but I don't remember roller rinks - I don't think we had them! :dunno:

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
Oh boy. This thread brings back so many memories of the St. Louis roller rink and cat fights on Friday nights. :heheh:

These were some of the "couple songs" and I usually hid in the back because I was too dorky, clumsy and awkward to approach boys and avoided them at all costs. :(

They played a little bit of 70's as well, like the Bee Gees and Funkytown, but at the time it seemed so "old school" :heheh: Thank GOD I shortly discovered the wonders of 70's rock after this catastrophic music era. :bonk:

Ember

Reaction score
My daughter used to go to the ice skating rink but I don't remember roller rinks - I don't think we had them! :dunno:

We had roller rinks but what I remember more is turning my friend's garage into an impromptu roller rink as soon as her dad went to work. We would blast the radio and try to make a light show by putting different color bottles and vases in front of the lights. :oyea:

Tray73

இڿڰۣ-ڰۣ—
Reaction score
I only ever went to a roller rink once - when I was about 13 and holidaying in Wales with my grandparents (I don't recall there being any roller skating rinks near where we lived). Anyway I made friends with two sisters staying in the same guest house as us and they talked me into going along with them to a roller disco one evening. I was pretty good at ice skating but hopeless at roller skating for some reason, so I had a few reservations. Well, just as I imagined, I spent more time collapsed on the floor in a heap than on my feet (or 'wheels' I should say), and the one song that was played (it was top ten in the charts at the time) that sticks out in my mind the most is this...

Oh the irony of it

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
That's pretty funny Tray. I was very clumsy with the skates too. I had to hang out in the slower part of the rink, which was usually towards the center. :heheh:

Tray73

இڿڰۣ-ڰۣ—
Reaction score
I didn't dare venture into the middle - just kept round the edge where I could hang on to things, I really was that bad. My legs were all over the place like that scene from Bambi when he was on the ice, so embarrassing :blush2:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustybroom

Members online

No members online now.