Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame

AboutAGirl

oh, be nice
Reaction score
The fact that Sabbath took so long it get in is undeniable proof that the Rock Hall is as bogus as a great white shark climbing a tree to eat cabbages.

AboutAGirl

oh, be nice
Reaction score
TheEvilErk2008 said:
how true, how true. There is an entire list more than a page long of some of the best rock artist that have not gotten in. here is a link to some of the arguments made by my drummer to who should have but did not get inducted as of yet. Rock and roll hall of fame

WOW that list is really something. Plenty of rock's premier groups have been ignored by the rock hall while obscure names are getting in...

Martha Washington

eat it! it's GOOD for you
Reaction score
well, it's the process.
it's like getting a star on Hollywood Blvd.
it has very little to do with deserving to be in, it's mostly about who people with money and pullthink deserve to be in.

me, I like seeing the 'new wave' bands in but no doubt that Sabbath strikes me as more deserving than a lot of people who are already in. In fact, I gave up. Same with Alice Cooper. Is he in? I hope he gets in but it's hard to really care. Having said that, I think the 'obscure' people are deserving. I like things like the 'sideman' category. a lot of those people made a REAL contribution to rock and roll and don't have a lot to show for it. I mean, ozzy is set for life. as much as I'm glad he's in, he didn't lose any weight waiting to get in, you know?

what matters to me is the VH1 show and it's almost always good.

Last edited:

Music Wench

Rock and Roll Grandma
Reaction score
Martha Washington said:
what matters to me is the VH1 show and it's almost always good.
Yep, pretty much that's the bottom line for me. The only reason I care who is getting inducted is so I know who will be performing that year. Sounds like a good show again. :)

Drummer Chris

Reaction score
Hooray!...Finally Sabbath and Skynyrd get their due!...should be some pretty interesting jams that night with Debbie Harry singing to Iomi and Rossington's Gibsons!
hoo-Ha!

Rock On!

Music Lover
Reaction score
They should at least be intellectually honest and rename it "The Pop Music Hall of Fame".

Some of the acts getting in have virtually nothing to do with rock. There's a lot of political correctness involved in the selections.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nepowerdry1

Members online