Ritchie Blackmore VS Tony Iommi

Who is The Better Guitar Player?

• Total voters

OzzyVanHalen

Reaction score
Both of these guitar players are very skillful and phenomenal at what they do. Both guitarists have earned and deserved their way into the greatest guitar players of all time lists. But who is the better guitar player in all areas of guitar including technique, sound, riffs, solos, ect.. You Decide!

Ritchie Blackmore of Deep Purple, Rainbow
ritchie-blackmore3.jpg

VS.

Tony Iommi of Black Sabbath, Heaven & Hell
creem4.jpg

Nololob

Long Live Wock 'n' Woll
Reaction score
Ritchie is so fast... but Tony is so doomy... but Ritchie makes perfect solos.... but Tony makes good riffs... but Ritchie is awesome... but also Tony is awesome.... GAAAAH I CAN'T DECIDE! :pullhair::pullhair:

aeroplane

In Urgent Need of Advice
Reaction score
Some of my favorite Deep Purple recordings are with Steve Morse on guitar and I prefer Tony Iommi's riffs. He has come up with so many excellent riffs. I voted for Tony.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Two legends...going with Ritchie, I just like Purple a little more than Sabbath.

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
Tony wrote some of the greatest riffs of all time but I think Richie was more widely talented.....as much as I want to vote for Tony since he is actually still playing rockin' guitar I have to go with Richie.

Rock Candy

Rock 'n' Roll Doctor
Reaction score
I'll have to give Blackmore the edge in this one, just due to his insane solos (The one in "Burn" gets me every time), which is certainly not to say Iommi's a slouch by any means. Iommi would take the cake in terms of riffs though, he's got so many crackers to choose from.

Hydrazoic Acid

Skeptic
Reaction score
It's extremely hardest choice. But, in my list of favorite guitarists, Blackmore is on 2-nd place, Tony - on 3-rd. So - Ritchie Blackmore.2_sm5.gif

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online

No members online now.