RIP Malcolm Young

That 70s Guy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
AC/DC

23561669_10155864701887930_491185474145177774_n.jpg

Today it is with deep heartfelt sadness that AC/DC has to announce the passing of Malcolm Young.

Malcolm, along with Angus, was the founder and creator of AC/DC.
With enormous dedication and commitment he was the driving force behind the band.
As a guitarist, songwriter and visionary he was a perfectionist and a unique man.
He always stuck to his guns and did and said exactly what he wanted.
He took great pride in all that he endeavored.
His loyalty to the fans was unsurpassed.

As his brother it is hard to express in words what he has meant to me during my life, the bond we had was unique and very special.

He leaves behind an enormous legacy that will live on forever.

Speed King

Rockin to the East & West
Reaction score
Even though Angus got most of the attention, Malcom added so much to the overall effect their music had. His tone was different than Angus' due to the fact that he played a Gretch rather than a Gibson. He was a very solid rythem player but he also wrote music. He was responsible for one the most iconic riffs of all time,....Back in Black.

I have no doubt in my mind that Malcom was capable of playing leads, maybe not to the extent that his little brother did, but he had the discipline as a player to step back and let Angus have the limelight. The music was the most important thing to him, not personal glory. The music was much better because of Malcom's discipline as a musician and as a person. He will be greatly missed.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HildredLad

Members online