RIP Donald 'Duck' Dunn

Big Ears

Music Lover
Reaction score
Bassist with Booker T and the MGs, Donald 'Duck Dunn, appears to have died last night in his sleep, aged 70. The band, including Steve Cropper were playing a series of shows in Tokyo.

"Bass player and songwriter Donald "Duck" Dunn, a member of the Rock 'n' Roll Hall of Fame band Booker T and the MGs and the Blues Brothers band, has died in Tokyo. He was 70.

Dunn was in Tokyo for a series of shows. News of his death was posted on the Facebook site of his friend and fellow musician Steve Cropper, who was on the same tour. Cropper said Dunn died in his sleep.

Miho Harasawa, a spokeswoman for Tokyo Blue Note, the last venue Dunn played, confirmed he died alone early on Sunday."

CP/M User

Ace in the Hole
Reaction score
Really? 8o That's so young to be dying in your sleep had he had a hard life? I always remember him from the Blues Brothers Movies, but I was surprised how some of those guys went back to Booker T and the MGs given they had some great tunes! :)

Garrett

✯ Blues Man ✯
Reaction score
That`s a real shame.........The Duck is a legend and he will be missed!

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Very sad news indeed!!! :uh:

R. I. P. Duck

original.0

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Sigh...seems like an endless parade the last few years, and it's not going to change as a generation of musicians passes on.:(

:rip: Mr. Dunn.

Phil B.

Far Out Man!
Reaction score
Awww Man...***Sigh*** It is sad he died alone...

Rest In Peace Duck Man....:uh:

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustybroom

Staff online

Members online