Shine On (1998)
Sons of Society (1999)
Through the Storm (2002)
Army of One (2006)
Immortal Soul (2011)
Unleash the Fire (2014)
Armor of Light (2018)
Mean Streets (2024)

Heavy metal band formed 1975 in New York City by guitarist Mark Reale . They have produced some classic metal albums despite various line up changes over the years. Sadly 2 of their ex vocalists have died Guy Speranza and then Rhett Forrester who was murdered over a car theft.....despite all the setbacks they are still rockin ! ......Heres a great metal cover of a song originally done by THE ANIMALS

When I Was Young
rock city.jpegrestless breed.jpeg

Last edited:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Re: Riot

Nice thread LOU, not sure if I remember these guys...:hm:

What is their Best album in your opinion?

LOU/REALM

Reaction score

I hadnt been observent enough to notice that TRUCKIN had already done a thread highlighting the excellent " Fire down under" album......hes right its brilliant and highly underrated . Early albums featuring Speranza were pure quality
"rock city"
"narita"
"fire down under"
I love the albums artwork, they were very "sci fi" showing a pink- skinned human figure with a head of a seal !
RIOT were popular here in the U.K in the early 80s supporting SAMMY HAGAR..and played the 1st Donington monsters of rock festival which I was fortunate to witness. This is RIOT in the earlier days..from

rock city.jpeg

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

Thanks for the reminder Truckin' and the other rec's LOU.:grinthumb

LOU/REALM

Reaction score

This is RIOT from 1988 ...only Mark Reale on guitars from their early albums. A change in music style comparing this to JUDAS PRIEST circa "painkiller". The artwork is horrendous and embarrasing...but the song "Thundersteel" makes up for it. Now featuring the vocals of Tony Moore

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

Riot has some pretty awesome speed metal....Their newest album is not bad. The only problem I have with Riot (and speed metal), it all sounds very similar and the defining point is the vocals.

Army of One

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

I like a lot of metal music myself, and what you say can be true Magic, like Slayer, although they are a Thrash metal band a lot of their songs just blur together when I play their music. Gamma Ray one of my favorite bands, has some speed metal elements, but they have a lot of variety on every album, which I enjoy.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

Play the first song I posted, LG, this is from 2006 and then go back and play the songs LOU posted......same same same...just different vocals.

Riot is still a good band. Each album has a variety, from melodic to outright speed/thrash.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrentonBeo

Members online