Ricky Martin (Official Thread)

limpy

Penguin Power
Reaction score
Ricky Martin

Ricky-Martin.jpg

Born in Puerto Rico, Ricky Martin is known for his hot latin pop music and sexy dance moves! Prior to being a solo artist, he was part of the latin boy band called Menudo for 5 years, before releasing his first solo album in 1991.

Between that time and 1999, Ricky came out with several spanish speaking albums before make a cross over to english with his first hit single "Livin' La Vida Loca" in 1999. The song came off Ricky's first english album (with some spanish songs still on it). Between now and then, Ricky's has released a couple more album's with the latest one called "Música + Alma + ****" released in 2010.

For now I'm just having a look at his first cross over to english album, but will be exploring more about him as he's got so much there.

Some songs of his first cross over english album.​

"Livin' la Vida Loca"

"Shake Your Bon Bon"

"Maria - English Version"

"Spanish Eyes"

Anyway please enjoy and even add on! :grinthumb

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Re: "Ricky Martin" Thread

I am not at all familiar with his solo efforts, but I do remember Menudo thanks to my neice's obsession with them.

Menudo had some fairly decent stuff in the late 70's and early 80's. I am not sure when Ricky joined Menudo, I am assuming it was in the mid 80's, since this would coincide with my neice's teenybop days.

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
I never ever thought I'd see the day there's a Ricky Martin thread on the forum. :tongue:

I had his first solo album. I think I was about 11 at the time, but who knows? Played the hell out of that thing.

A duet with MADGE! :bow:

Ahh... memories. :heheh:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I like one of his songs, Limpy posted it already. Living la Vida Loca, I have it on a compilation album.

Other than that I know nothing about Ricky except he broke a lot of his female fans hearts when he came out a while back.

JerseyGirl

Reaction score
Let's see....what I know about Ricky Martin...he's extremely good looking and extremely gay. Sigh......

Oh yeah, and he used to be on General Hospital. :D

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
No kidding, he was on General Hospital???!!! I quit watching GH in the late 80's, when Luke and Laura fizzled out.

Ricky is an extremely handsome guy :D

Look at how cute he was when he started with Menudo:

Sabes a Chocolate (You Know Chocolate)

AboutAGirl

oh, be nice
Reaction score
Funny this should come up now. Hadn't thought about him in years but I made another edition of my Pop series of compis and I always put a nostalgia track on there, from when I was a kid... this time it was Livin La Vida Loca! Neat song. She Bangs isn't bad either!

limpy

Penguin Power
Reaction score
Yup, here he is with Dr. Steve Hardy.

enhanced-buzz-17159-1254423957-3.jpg

Oh dear! ^^ I don't think long hair suits him :tongue: Look likes he's done many tv appearences!

I'm unfamiliar with his band Menudo but I heard more of his solo songs when I was a kid. Mainly thanks to my mum having a crush on him and playing his songs :heheh:

Here's another song:

She Bang's

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Re: "Ricky Martin" Thread

I am not at all familiar with his solo efforts, but I do remember Menudo thanks to my neice's obsession with them.

Menudo had some fairly decent stuff in the late 70's and early 80's. I am not sure when Ricky joined Menudo, I am assuming it was in the mid 80's, since this would coincide with my neice's teenybop days.

You never heard "Living La Vida Loca"? :omg: How was the rock you were living under at the time? :oyea:

Limpy, I can't follow you down this road! :tongue: You do have the Anberlin signature going though so your coolness quotient is secure! :grinthumb

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsisOFlynn

Staff online

Members online