Richie Havens (Official Thread)

Sunny

Settled down at last and very happy.
Reaction score
Browsing through vinyl albums in a local op shop "Richie Havens On Stage" caught my eye and I can't believe I had never heard of him before :uh: He covers a lot of artists songs but makes them his own :grinthumb

Official Website

1965 A Richie Havens Record
1966 Electric Havens
1967 Mixed Bag
1968 Something Else Again
1969 Richard P. Havens, 1983
1970 Stonehenge
1971 Alarm Clock/The Great Blind Degree
1973 Portfolio
1974 Mixed Bag II
1976 The End of the Beginning
1977 Mirage
1980 Connections
1983 Common Ground
1987Simple Things/Sings Beatles and Dylan
1991 Now
1994 Cuts to the Chase
2002 Wishing Well
2004 Grace of the Sun
2008 Nobody Left to Crown

Here Comes The Sun

Tombstone Blues

All Along The Watchtower

Fire And Rain

Last edited by a moderator:

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Also I made this an Official thread and added Website and Discography

:grinthumb

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
You like him Sooty??? I was wondering if we should re-direct the thread to the 60's forum and give him an honory mention on the index list.

Sunny

Settled down at last and very happy.
Reaction score
I haven't been on the forum for a few day so thanks very much MP for making this an 'official' thread!! :) I'm so happy a few other folk here like him as much as I do and by all means please give Richie an honourable mention in the list stated above :grinthumb

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Richie Havens’ Ashes Scheduled to Be Scattered at Woodstock

Richie-Havens.jpg

SOURCE LINK

Several months after he died, Richie Havens‘ earthly remains will find a final resting place in a sweetly fitting location.

Vintage Vinyl News reports that Havens’ ashes are due to be scattered at Max Yasgur’s farm — widely known to rock fans as the site of the 1969 Woodstock Festival, where Havens’ epic set helped concert organizers bridge the gap between artists while the lineup made its way through massive traffic jams.

Offered the opportunity to spend some extra time with the audience, Havens ended up working his way through his entire song catalog, culminating with a reworked version of ‘Motherless Child’ (retitled ‘Freedom’) that — as VVN notes in its report — became one of his signature numbers. Yasgur’s farm, now the home of the Bethel Woods Center for the Arts, will play host to the ceremony on Sunday, Aug. 18.

In addition to scattering Havens’ ashes, the Center is putting on ‘Back to the Garden: A Day of Song and Remembrance Honoring Richie Havens,’ a memorial event that will be open to all members of the public. Although tickets are required to attend, admission is free.

Havens, who passed away on April 22, was 72 at the time of his death.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsisOFlynn

Staff online

Members online