Richards and Jagger meeting to discuss Stones plans for next year

Death on Credit

Reaction score
Stones Near Decision on 50th Anniversary Shows | Music News | Rolling Stone

This has been going back and forth for a year now, and lots of people are starting to get skeptical...But Mick and Keith are finally actually getting together to talk things out (hopefully) like adults.

Perhaps the most interesting bit in the article is confirmation that Bill Wyman is contemplating his return. "Let's see what transpires over the next few weeks, and I can then make a serious decision. I've got my chops together, and I know that my mate Charlie has – so let's see if it ever happens." Mick Taylor could also potentially be in the fray.

Hopefully, they can get everything together, even if only for one last show.

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
Forgive me as I don't follow the Stones as well as I should, but aren't they one of those bands that are known for doing this, saying they'll retire then always getting back together? It's very Barbara Streisandish. :heheh:

Regardless, they're one of the biggest touring acts ever, so I'm sure whatever they decide to do won't go over like a lead balloon and will profit them greatly.

Death on Credit

Reaction score
That's a pretty common slight on them...I don't know if they've actually ever said that they were planning to retire, though.

Everyone but Mick has always seemed pretty keen on keeping the band rolling, so to speak.

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
All this reunion talk with bands has me having a difficult time telling one from the other anymore honestly. :bonk:

Mr. Bob Dobolina

Reaction score
I hope the 50th anniversary plans include Wyman and Taylor. I know a lot of people want a big show of some sort. That'd be cool but what I'd really like to see is the surviving members to sit and put the story down. I'd love to see them do an "Anthology" project like the Beatles did. I know they did a video tape like that some years ago but now's the time to put it all out there. Just to see all the vintage full length clips with Brian and Mick T. would be awesome. Do it now guys, because as someone once said "Time Waits for No One".

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Members online