Recording Artist
Reaction score
Voices of Rock
MMVII (2007)
AOR Heaven
Produced by: Chris Lausmann & Michael Voss

For the Genre: ***-- (3/5)
Compared to the Era: ****- (4/5)

Summary: A modern sampler with classic rock sensibilities.

I’d recommend this CD to anyone trying to introduce somebody to the awesome world of AOR and Melodic Rock. Modern, sleek production but with all of the attention to detail that made metal and hard rock from the 1980s as incredible as it was. Excellent guitar work, powerful drums and vocalists that really sing the music. While a compilation featuring different artists, all of the music was new and original. The songs were arranged, composed and written by Lausmann and Voss with additional performances by Tommy Denander and Angel G. Schleifer—the lead guitarists on “Underloved” and “Voodoo Woman” respectively. Bertram Engel performed all drum tracks.

The amazing artwork and excellent typesetting was by Ingo Ertl and the incomparable Carl-Andre Beckston; one more thing that makes this album worth physically owning.

My favorite tracks, from least to most were Steve Overland’s Slip Away, Johnny Gioeli’s Phoenix Rising, Terry Brock’s Nightingale, Harry Hess’ Irresistible, Robin Beck’s Underloved and James Christian on Voodoo Woman. I seriously cannot play the last two tracks without turning up the car stereo volume VERY loud. They are amazing tracks.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Definitely got my interest after reading your summation Dairenn.

Is this a European collaboration?

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magicmoments

Staff online