RETRO, Heavy Psych, Metal and Prog .......

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Going back to Joe's post I like Beardfish, I only have "Sleeping in Traffic" but it was a fabulous album.

Lots of bands I have not heard of before as well DKW, my education continues...:grinthumb

joe

Reaction score
Big fan of Anekdoten.:grinthumb

Pagan Altar. Great title. The name is so conducive to thier music. "The Crowman" I really liked.

joe

Reaction score
Again from Sweden, The Carpet Knights are a heavy prog/psychedelic/folk rock band from the past decade with two full length albums and four EP's. A sludgy, stoney, garage sounding ambience captures that early 70's vibrato.

^^Great album cover.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
It played fine for me when I was there.

EDIT: Went back and listened to all the tracks again. No over distortion, no problems at all.

Yeah it was fine tonight. Last time I tried it, it was as if two sites were bled into each other. Really wierd. Had to be a glitch.

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score
steel%20mammoth%20kingdom.jpg

STEEL MAMMOTH: Hail from Finland and the NWOFHM As one of their press releases puts it " Steel Mammoth brings you the sound of the post nuclear holocaustic future with no hope!"...While the New Wave of Finnish Heavy Metal does indeed utilize metal riffage ( some bands more then others ) most of it has more in common with the 70's then today's Metal bands.
Steel Mammoth display a spacey psych flavor more common in the by gone era,
their heaviness is more in a proto vein then real metal to these ears

They are very reminiscent of Blue Oyster Cult IMO ...not so much in their sound but in the the way they are able to convey a sinister, eerie vibe without being either Doomy or super heavy. It is also very telling that the entire NWOFHM scene has been described as being " addicted to the smell of 70's vinyl" lol

2007 Atomic Mountain
2008 The Kingdom of the Golden Hammer
2009 Nuclear Ritual

STEEL MAMMOTH's Myspace link below
Steel Mammoth on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

Last edited:

Gabble Ratchet

Reaction score
l_8a31a4c948184841933f742d6b215f0b.png

I present to you a band I found just yesterday, The Novocaines. From Perth, they are a psychedelic rock 5 piece fresh on the scene. Over a distorted drone, vocals are shouted (and sometimes screamed) out with passion and energy. This is a band playing classic, balls out hard rock and I believe they are going to go far!

They recently released their 3rd EP, but haven't put together a full length album as of yet. And since all 3 videos of them on Youtube are documentaries, here is their myspace page:

The Novocaines on Myspace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score
In+Blood+We+Rock+Front.jpg

BLOOD OF THE SUN :These guys hail from Fort Worth TX. and are influenced by bands like Mountain, ZZ Top , Deep Purple and many others. They have 3 albums out all of which I own .Cool band, worthy of owning one and all but my favorite is Death Ride.

2004 Blood of the Sun
2007 In Blood We Rock
2008 Death Ride

Myspace :
http://www.myspace.com/bloodofthesun

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I like the look of Steel Mammoth, from the way you describe them they fit in my metal wheelhouse for sure DKW.

I'll see if I can find one of their albums laying around...:grinthumb

Harkat

Reaction score
I have begun my scouring of this thread for music to add to my list :grinthumb

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Members online