RETRO, Heavy Psych, Metal and Prog .......

Malikarcanum

A Child in Time
Reaction score
She has a damn fine set of pipes on her! There's certainly some quality bands coming out of Sweden :grinthumb

Yeah, her voice slew me when I first heard them. Some people have said it's grating, but they just don't get it.

Indeed, i don't know what they're putting in their water over there, but that country seems to be the new hub of great music nowadays. Some of the best Rock & Metal in years is coming out of that country.

Time for another round:

3540349381_photo.jpg

Gypsyhawk

New band from LA signed to Metal Blade. They're a cornucopia of late 70's influences. You can hear Lizzy, Maiden, Motorhead, even early Thrash in their sound, and they make it work. :metal:

blackangelsbooth.jpg

The Black Angels

Very Doors-esque Psych Rock band from Texas, with a touch of Velvet Underground & Jefferson Airplane as well. Most of their stuff is really laid back & in the pocket, with a nice sinister vibe, but they can turn up the intensity & get pretty Doom-y when the situation calls for it. Been looking for a band like this for years, such a badass sound.

Last edited:

Tray73

இڿڰۣ-ڰۣ—
Reaction score
Gypsyhawk - I like these - cracking music - but I'm not overly fond of the vocals, maybe his voice is something that I would get used to.

The Black Angels - yeah, I dig these guys, very retro and you are spot on with your description, can certainly hear The Doors and Jefferson Airplane in the band. Particularly like Young Men Dead :grinthumb

Malikarcanum

A Child in Time
Reaction score
-0821-0000-0000-000000000000_20130627033935_band01.jpg

Mansion

New Finnish Occult Rock/Metal band. Reminds me heavily of the oft-Mentioned Jess ATAO, but heavier, more Metal.

3540338779_photo.jpg

Noctum

Fans of Mercyful Fate/King Diamond, this is the band for you. Plays a very similar style without ripping them off. Sounds like someone fused them & Graveyard.

joker1961

Skaven Swear Runner
Reaction score
did`nt now where else

found this fabulous back in about 2001... but no THREAD...

Last edited:

Vader

Veteran Of A Thousand Psychic Wars
Reaction score
I agree ,Joe. Awesome band. Here's one I post in another thread but they belong here too so....

85+Alia+O%27Brien+(Blood+Ceremony).jpg

BLOOD CEREMONY : Hailing from Canada ,this is another band that I really enjoy that is female fronted. Sort of a retro 70's psychedelic experience who draw their influences from bands such as Tull and Coven with a bit of a doomy vibe via the mighty Black Sabbath .They are far from just being a clone of their influences however as they take their inspirations and mold them into something all their own. Alia O'Brien's eerie vocals front this mix of Psychedelic Rock, Stoner Metal, and Heavy Psych as well as
providing flute and organ to the interesting soundscape.

I love this band even more then when I first discovered them ( 3 CDs later )
They just released this one on Friday.

20160326_012629.jpg

watch

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online