RETRO, Heavy Psych, Metal and Prog .......

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score
Some top posts Malikarcanum and you're right that bloke is a killer for Ozzy sound alike, great stuff. You mentioned Kyuss, the spin off Kyuss Lives played Donington (Download) last year and I thought they put on a belting show.:grinthumb

Hammered

Reaction score
JESS AND THE ANCIENT ONES ~ S/T debut ...

Heavy Psych outfit from Finland, another Nordic band drench in the sonic sound vibrations of those acid soaked daze known as the 70's.

Just though that you might be interested in this. Here's my current favorite song, Come Crimson Death, from the album in question, performed live in Helsinki just a few nights ago. It's an amateur recording but the audio is very good (considering) and their playing is of course top-notch.

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score
Just though that you might be interested in this. Here's my current favorite song, Come Crimson Death, from the album in question, performed live in Helsinki just a few nights ago. It's an amateur recording but the audio is very good (considering) and their playing is of course top-notch.

Cool, thx for that :cheers2

Malikarcanum

A Child in Time
Reaction score
The_Answer_-_Rise_(SE)_-_Front.jpg

The Answer

A Rock band from Ireland. I really love these guys. They're pure old school, & the singer sounds like the lovechild of Plant & Bon Scott. That particular combination of influences isn't a bad way to describe their general sound.

They also play some mean Blues:

Lastly, they cut a mean cover of Sweet Emotion that, blasphemous or not, I prefer to the original. (Forgive me, I'm young :D)

Tray73

இڿڰۣ-ڰۣ—
Reaction score
^^^ Caught these guys on the tv a couple of months back, made me sit up & take notice right away. Singer has a fantastic voice :grinthumb

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score
He has a great voice, seen them a few times and have the first two albums, not sure what they are up to at the moment but they were touring a lot and supporting some big names, remember them supporting Whitesnake a few years back and they were awesome...

Malikarcanum

A Child in Time
Reaction score
purson.jpg

Purson

A new band from England. These guys came our of nowhere & just killed with their debut record. It's Occult Rock, quite similar to Jess & The Ancient Ones, but with a bit of a Prog edge to it, & some elements of Jefferson Airplane. Easily my 2nd favorite band in the scene after Jess themselves.

Metal Head Mike

Reaction score
purson.jpg

Purson

A new band from England. These guys came our of nowhere & just killed with their debut record. It's Occult Rock, quite similar to Jess & The Ancient Ones, but with a bit of a Prog edge to it, & some elements of Jefferson Airplane. Easily my 2nd favorite band in the scene after Jess themselves.

Great Stuff. Will have to get my hands on this

Malikarcanum

A Child in Time
Reaction score
bluespills.jpg

Blues Pills

Another new retro band from Sweden. They only have an EP & A single out right now, but they're really, really promising. They're really Blues-y, with some Psych elements as well, almost as if Jess ATAO or Devil's Blood had a baby with Graveyard. A little Fleetwood in spots, as well.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrentonBeo

Members online