[Resolved] file hosting sites - which one(s)?

dortmunder

Reaction score
Hi. I've been going through old cassettes of stuff recorded off the radio and there are some tracks I don't recognise. Hopefully the folk here may be able to assist. I'vbe made mp3 copies of the songs in question but are there any restrictions/preferences on which file hoster to use e.g. megaupload/depositfiles etc etc?

Thanks.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Re: file hosting sites - which one(s)?

We don't allow links to file hosting sites in the main forum, but you may start a BLOG and post them in there Dortmunder.

Jeffrey has done that a few times already, you can click on the BLOGS link at the top of your page and see if that will work for you.

Rapidshare, Sendspace, Megupload, Depositfiles, are all ones I am familiar with.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Re: file hosting sites - which one(s)?

if you want help to identify the tracks, try uploading the music to youtube, or one of the music hosting sites like "grooveshark".

Then you can post the links to these sites for help identifying the music.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
another method of identification is to post some of the lyrics, like the chorus......

and I am positive we will be able to help you that way :)

dortmunder

Reaction score
One of them's an instrumental and another's a version of 'Baby I Love You' which has been covered by loads of bands. But thanks for the suggestion. I'm uploading to Grooveshark as I type...

dortmunder

Reaction score
Well, Grooveshark isn't as user-friendly as I'd hoped but I think I've got there. This is just a test - is this how I'd post a Grooveshark link in the 'name that tune' forum?:-

Grooveshark - Listen to Free Music Online - Internet Radio - Free MP3 Streaming

(Edit - yeah, that works fine.)

Incidentally, how does one post a tune on Youtube? I uploaded some mp3's but my uploads failed with the message 'Unable to convert to video'.

Many thanks.

Last edited:

dortmunder

Reaction score
Thanks Magic. But I think I'll stick with Grooveshark for any future song uploading I may want to do.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Staff online

Members online