REO Speedwagon Question

Rocker440

Reaction score
I remember hearing about the rift between Cronin and Richrath when this happened many years ago, but I didn't realize there was a lot of other things also involved, too. The differences between KC's and Gary's directions for REO going into the future were probably pretty significant, imo. It is a great shame that things apparently went that way, and also leading to Gary's departure. It kind of reminds me of a corporate type of takeover, too. :wtf:

When Gary Richrath left REO Speedwagon, I lost almost all interest in the music the band recorded from that point onward. Imo, Gary Richrath was one of, if not the most important, reliable and creative persons with the band, and he was there from the beginning as well. I believe that Gary, Alan Gratzer and Neal Doughty were three of the original five band members, but Cronin wasn't. Gary Richrath was a phenomenal, very skilled and talented guitarist, imo! :bow:

Thanks for posting the story 70s Guy! :cheers:

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Yeah I love Gary in that...Tough Guys is awesome in that. To watch Neal's solo in Don't Let Him Go too. Amazing. The vid was called Wheel Are Turnin' or something like that? Never had an Official DVD release I don't think...but needs one bad. :wa

REO_Speedwagon_-_1986_Wheels_are_Turnin.jpg

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Members online