Regina Spektor: Mother Russian's #1 Musical Export

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Anyone heard the new album? I like it but it picks up more steam in the latter half. It seems the eccentricities she's been known for are stripped from this one and replaced with a sweeter more introspective side that concentrates more on the storytelling/lyrics. It makes the latter half that much more appealing. Not my favorite from her this first round but aside from "All The Rowboats" I really like these songs:

From The Cheap Seats

0001721800_500.jpg

Ballad Of A Politician and Open

Kuaizi

Reaction score
I really enjoyed the album - I listened to it about ten times in a few days after I first bought it. I really enjoy All the Rowboats - the short bridge (at about 1:20 and 2:30 in) in it is just fantastic and really makes the song for me!

This is my favorite track from it though (the trumpet sound she makes at the end is so awesome I can't even put it into words! Love Regina!!!):

Last edited:

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
This sounds like a much darker turnout from Regina and I really really love what I am hearing. Those growls in "Open" were excellently used and the chorus of "The Party" might be the best and farthest I've ever heard her vocals stretched. I'm very excited to pick this up. :grinthumb

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
Ok, so I've listening to this album several time in it's entirety already but I finally picked up a copy for myself yesterday and while it's still early one this may be my favorite Regina Spektor album to date. :D Sooty is definitely right though that the second half is the better one. ;)

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
The new material sounds good...I should probably try and pick it up this weekend :grinthumb

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
She's coming to Cleveland later this year. I need to see if I can snag a ticket for that. ;)

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustybroom

Staff online

Members online