Record Store Day

rtbuck

Reaction score
Does anyone else go to Record Store Day in your areas? I live in Buffalo and it's a pretty big deal around here. A few of the record stores around here have bands playing all day. The stores are usually Jammed (some places have lines going out the door to get in). Anyway...I usually hit up a few stores and this year I'm looking for the following vinyl to be released only on Record Store Day Saturday April 18th:

Johnny Thunders & the Heartbreakers Live at Max's double record colored vinyl
Blue Oyster Cult "Bad Channels" 2 record Set
Dresden Dolls - "Virginia Monologues"
Stooges - "Have Fun Live at Ugano's"
Metallica - No Life til Leather (cassette)

There are also a couple of Kinks reissues

The day after Record Store Day my area has a record & CD show which are always fun too

mrJim

Reaction score
I place down here no bands

Nice more Thunders on Vinyl. I thought it was going to be a reissue of the LAMF lost mixes. seriously, I heard it was coming but it ended just up being a preorder
Stooges are always good!

The Dead Milkmen Beelzebubba on blue and white vinyl
Violent Femmes Happy New Year

I thought for a moment this was going to be interesting
Grandmaster Flash/Stiff Little Fingers - The Message

But it was the wrong track :)

Good Luck Buck

Last edited:

rtbuck

Reaction score
Yeah Mr. Jim...I'll also pick up the Dead Milkmen as that is my favorite album by them. Record Theatre at Main & Lafayette is going to have all of the food trucks there and Record Theater at UB has bands play all day as does this tiny Record Store off Elmwood called Scratch & Spin. Last year was crazy we got to the UB Record Theater at 10 am & there was a line going throughout the entire store to cash out. A friend of mine got there at 7:30 waiting in line to get in at 9.

Sharp Dressed Man

Down South Jukin'
Reaction score
I usually go, but I won’t make it to a record store on the day this year.

There's so much coming out that day, it's difficult to have a complete overview. I'm interested in many of the releases and I hope to find some of them eventually, but the most important release for me personally is Blackberry Smoke's 10" "Wood, Wire and Roses". For some odd reason, they had that available for pre-order on amazon, so I placed an order and thus avoided the "stress" of trying to get hold of a copy.

I also REALLY want to get:

Robert Plant’s "More Roar" 10".
Joe Bonamassa eight-track album “Record Store Day Exclusive”.

There’s more, but I’ll have to check a list for specifics.

I'm actually starting to find Record Store Day a bit annoying. I love going to record stores, so I can fully understand the idea behind it, but it has become a crazy business with so many limited releases that many collectors won't managed to find/buy.

rtbuck

Reaction score
I agree that it has become annoying. I still do enjoy going to the record stores especially to see bands perform but it's a pain if there's something you're waiting for and you get there and it's gone. Last November there was a Record Store Day and I was hoping to find a Johnny Thunders ep but had no luck yet people were selling the ep on eBay for $40. The manager from Record Theater told me they place orders for Record Store Day releases but they have no idea how many copies they get or if they will get certain releases at all.

What is the Joe Bonamassa release? I'll put that on my list!

JimJam

Reaction score
Despite the aforementioned hassles, it's overall a good sign that bonafide record stores still exist and find ample buyers on Record Store Days.

I won't be able to attend on Saturday but i have a total of one in my area, named Lou's Records, they've been in existence since 1980. The other nearby store that carries vinyl is Barnes & Noble. They will never be confused with a record store but they've increased their inventory of vinyl during the last year.

mrJim

Reaction score
Yeah Mr. Jim...I'll also pick up the Dead Milkmen as that is my favorite album by them. Record Theatre at Main & Lafayette is going to have all of the food trucks there and Record Theater at UB has bands play all day as does this tiny Record Store off Elmwood called Scratch & Spin. Last year was crazy we got to the UB Record Theater at 10 am & there was a line going throughout the entire store to cash out. A friend of mine got there at 7:30 waiting in line to get in at 9.
I went to the scratch and spin place last year when I was up . if its the place I am thinking about parking was a challenge but they had a lot of unusual stuff.

If you cant get something send me a text and If I find it I will pick it up for you. the amount of vinyl pressure down here isn't big except for some pressure from the college

Jim

rtbuck

Reaction score
Yep...that's probably the place Mr. Jim. I actually found a few things in there and even a Fems button. I'll let you know and thanks a million Mr. Jim...same goes this way if you can't find something

rtbuck

Reaction score
Despite the aforementioned hassles, it's overall a good sign that bonafide record stores still exist and find ample buyers on Record Store Days.

I won't be able to attend on Saturday but i have a total of one in my area, named Lou's Records, they've been in existence since 1980. The other nearby store that carries vinyl is Barnes & Noble. They will never be confused with a record store but they've increased their inventory of vinyl during the last year.

I did notice the increase of vinyl at Barnes & Noble and while their CD selection is limited you can get some classic stuff for 5 dollars and it is one of the only places to get in decent Rock & Roll magazines. We still have a few decent Record/CD stores but when we're out towards a Barnes & Noble I'll stop in

JimJam

Reaction score
I did notice the increase of vinyl at Barnes & Noble and while their CD selection is limited you can get some classic stuff for 5 dollars and it is one of the only places to get in decent Rock & Roll magazines. We still have a few decent Record/CD stores but when we're out towards a Barnes & Noble I'll stop in

Now that you mention it, it's about the only local store where I can choose from a variety of rock magazines such as Classic Rock, Uncut, Q, Spin, Guitar World and many others.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustybroom

Staff online

Members online