Recommend a song to the person above you depending on the genre they like

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
So this is how this will work, and I am hoping it works well, if not it's cool.

It's just like one of those basic "recommend a song to the user above you", but this time, you have to recommend a song to the user above you depending on the genre they are looking for.

For example, I would post: "I am looking for a song in [say genre]", and the person below you would recommend a song, and that pattern would go and go. The next person would do the same thing. It's also fun to say if you liked the song or not, you don't have to rate it or anything.

So let's see how this goes.

I'm looking for a song in Progressive Rock

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Sal, I was going to pick you something closer to the genre (Deep Forest) but instead I picked one with those elements that I figured that you might not know already. Besides, it's a great song with a sexy Sade like voice by an Indonesian artist!

Anggun-Snow On The Sahara

Find me a pop artist with dark subject matter and lyrics! :grinthumb

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
I think this is a good, darker pop song Sooty. :grinthumb

How about someone track me down a good polka to go with my wacky Tom Waits kick? :D

Gabble Ratchet

Reaction score
Sal, I was going to pick you something closer to the genre (Deep Forest) but instead I picked one with those elements that I figured that you might not know already. Besides, it's a great song with a sexy Sade like voice by an Indonesian artist!

Anggun-Snow On The Sahara

Find me a pop artist with dark subject matter and lyrics! :grinthumb

I checked out both and I like Deep Forest more! You should have gone with your instinct :heheh: Anggun just sounded like an early 90's popstar to me unfortunately, there were some interesting sounds going on and she does have a good voice but something just wasn't right. Deep Forest however have a great ambiance and a very natural feel to them! The electronic instruments were a good surprise too :grinthumb

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
I checked out both and I like Deep Forest more! You should have gone with your instinct :heheh: Anggun just sounded like an early 90's popstar to me unfortunately, there were some interesting sounds going on and she does have a good voice but something just wasn't right. Deep Forest however have a great ambiance and a very natural feel to them! The electronic instruments were a good surprise too :grinthumb

I figured you knew them! :heheh: They were right up there with Enya and Enigma when this genre was at it's peak! I still love the Anggun track better myself though! :heheh:

Gabble Ratchet

Reaction score
Actually my first listens of them! I'll definitely be chasing them up and getting an album or two though :)

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
I think this is a good, darker pop song Sooty. :grinthumb

How about someone track me down a good polka to go with my wacky Tom Waits kick? :D

Love that song Cosmic! I was hoping for something new to my ears though! :heheh:

Here's my gift to you Cosmic! This song was on a compilation of various genres I bought for a buck in college! For some reason my roommate and I were singled out to be harassed by the assholes on our floor! When we heard this song we found it hilarious and as revenge we blasted it and danced around to it to annoy our neighbors! :oyea:

[GROOVESHARK]23398302[/GROOVESHARK]

I'm looking for a rare artist in the category of female songwriter with piano! :)

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
Love that song Cosmic! I was hoping for something new to my ears though! :heheh:

Here's my gift to you Cosmic! This song was on a compilation of various genres I bought for a buck in college! For some reason my roommate and I were singled out to be harassed by the assholes on our floor! When we heard this song we found it hilarious and as revenge we blasted it and danced around to it to annoy our neighbors! :oyea:

[GROOVESHARK]23398302[/GROOVESHARK]

Well would you like me to try again then? I might have something from left field that's surprisingly on the darker side for a certain artist. ;)

And only would use the innocence of polka to exact revenge on someone. :heheh: I thought that song was bouncy and joyous by the way. I approve. :grinthumb

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Well would you like me to try again then? I might have something from left field that's surprisingly on the darker side for a certain artist. ;)

And only would use the innocence of polka to exact revenge on someone. :heheh: I thought that song was bouncy and joyous by the way. I approve. :grinthumb

Send it to my profile or on Facebook so we don't confuse the game! :D

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustybroom

Staff online

Members online