RATT (Official Thread)

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Went through all RATT's guitar players back to 1980 as well...can't find one that looks like him or with the name AJ

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Yah that's not Bobby from RATT (Lynch is right)....RATT is till together anyway and are planning on doing a new CD...a follow up to their last one if I'm not mistaken

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
Well, as of about 2 months ago, Stephen decided to walk (again).

I was listening to Bobby talk about it with Eddie Trunk a few weeks back and he pretty much didn't hold back about his disgust with Stephen and what a prima-donna he is and always has been. It sounds like Warren, Bobby and Stephen each own 1/3 of the band as Crocier has pretty much been out of the band since they split back in the early 90's (aside from a short stint back with them in 2012 or so). Bobby and Warren definitely won't let Stephen go out on his own and perform as Ratt, they already won one lawsuit when he tried to do that quite a few years ago.

I dunno, loved the band in their heyday. A LOT of fun to see live and listen to the studio stuff. It's too bad that Warren never really got into doing anything outside of Ratt. Dude was/is a tremendous guitar talent.

taha

Reaction score
Nobody Rides for Free, looks like that song had many meanings.....

Lynch

Reaction score
For me, Nobody Rides For Free was the end of Ratt. It was a bonus song on the 81-91 compilation album (which rocks btw) and was also the closing credits song for the movie Point Break (Swayze + Keanu). The band basically broke up after that, or right around the same time.

They've put out a couple of studio albums since that time and have toured on and off, but they are beyond the glory days. Back to what I was trying to say, I think Nobody Rides for Free was a great closing song to a great/fun 80's band.

Good tune! :bow:

Nobody Rides for Free

Lynch

Reaction score
After I wrote my posts last week in this thread, I decided to go through the entire (or nearly entire) Ratt Discography. I still stand by my comments that Ratt pretty much died in 1991 when the band basically broke up.

However, I haven't listened to Collage (1997), Ratt (1999) or Infestation (2010) for a while, so it was nice to go back and give them a listen.

Collage was better than I remembered. Most of the album consists of B-sides and alt-versions of previously released tracks. Steel River was really a pretty good track. The first 5 or 6 tracks on Collage are pretty good and they definitely feel like the Ratt of old, which they should. THen the last track is a goofy dorked-up-DJ version of Loving You's A Dirty Job.

Ratt '99 is also decent and really not that bad of an album either, although DiMartini's guitar work seems kind of like he mailed it in for that album. Good in spots, but nothing that really wow'd me like so much of his 80's output.

Infestation is a good name for their last album. Extermination would have been more appropriate. Decent in spots, but absolutely nothing that I would go back to and replay on purpose other than if I"m going to listen to the whole album to remind myself why so many good bands from the 80's should just stick with touring and playing that stuff from the 80's. Infestation fits THAT bill perfect (that of a reminder of the glory days).

G

Gothic-Stone

Ha, nice there is also a thread about RATT. It's thanks to Youtube I know this band, because I don't think they were very known in Europe(?) and of course I wasn't even born yet.
I started to listen to metal when I was 15, and a half year later I started to explore hair metal. (Never heard about this term before, only "glam (rock)".)
There was -maybe still is- this video "Hair metal A-Z" or something. I didn't like some bands, because they sounded too cheesy/polished/pop for me, but then RATT came in this video. They were so different to me; a lot more "tight" and "cool" and less cheesy. I was like "wow, who are these people?!"
The EP Ratt and Out of The Cellar are very good albums. Invasion of your Privacy is already more cheesy, but still good I think. And the other albums I don't know enough to say something about I guess. Anyway I listened a lot to this albums for a while. :)
Indeed, this Robin Crosby was a very good guitar player...

And at this moment I'm playing them again! ("You Think You're Tough"!!!)

(EDIT: yes, worked!)

Last edited by a moderator:

joker1961

Skaven Swear Runner
Reaction score
ok here may not be the place but here`s some photo`s of other 80`s glam metal bands...:headbang

Attachments

• Bang%20Tango%20rockbook%205.jpg
    Bang%20Tango%20rockbook%205.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 11
  • untitled (2).jpg
    untitled (2).jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 11
  • Ratt.jpg
    Ratt.jpg
    285.9 KB · Views: 12

Dude111

An Awesome Dude
Reaction score
taha said:
I actually liked some of their later stuff more than the round&round years
I have thier first album (Out of the celler) ON CASSETTE and I love it....... I would say thier FIRST is the best!!

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustybroom

Staff online

Members online