Ratt - Infestation

hairmetalmusic.com

www.hairmetalmusic.com
Reaction score
This is our review of what we felt was the best rock album of 2010.
www.facebook.com/hairmetalmusic

Most hair band listeners were fans of Ratt back in the day. I was a casual fan but didn’t really appreciate them until after the hair metal era had passed by. Then somebody gave me their greatest hits album and I realized that they were actually much better than the majority of bands from that time period. I guess that’s why they had four straight platinum selling albums (a fact I wasn’t aware of back in the 80s and 90s). Singer Steven Pearcy’s voice is an acquired taste that I could never listen for more than 4-5 songs. But each album they released always had 2-3 great songs – which is why their Greatest Hits album was so great.

INFESTATION
Ratt Infestation

Ratt Infestation

I didn’t expect much when I picked up Infestation, Ratt’s 2010 release. I was surprised to see that it actually charted as high as number 30 on the Billboard charts. Pretty amazing when most band’s releases from the hair band days weren’t even sniffing Gold status. Ratt, somehow, out of nowhere had managed to release a hit album.

All I can say is that Infestation was – imo – the best rock album of 2010. If Ratt had released it in 1990 instead of Detonator, Infestation might have sold 3-4 million copies and been thought of as an iconic Ratt album right beside Out of the Cellar and Invasion of Your Privacy.

Pearcy’s voice is just as strong as it was in the 80s. He still has the unique unmistakable half-screech, half-rasp thing going on and sounds just as good as ever. I don’t know who played what guitar part, but this album mirrors the old fashion rock albums that featured actual guitar solos. Longtime member Warren DeMartini and newcomer Carlos Cavazo (from Quiet Riot) tear it up on Infestation with several great solos and riffs.

CLASSIC RATT – BUT WITH AN EDGE

The songs are extremely catchy and sound like classic Ratt, with just a tough harder of an edge. If you loved Ratt or were a fan of bands like Van Halen and Areosmith, I strongly implore you to buy this album. Not sure what higher compliment I can give than saying it’s the best rock album from 2010.

Check out the entire album. Highlights include As Good as it Gets, Best of Me, Eat Me Up Alive, Garden of Eden and Take me Home. Skatter is an interesting song that sounds nothing like Ratt, but is worth checking out. It wasn’t on the US release of Infestation, but you can listen to it on Youtube.

Motley Crue

Reaction score
i bought this album few years ago.....i agree with you. great album with a set of great songs...the first one, "eat me up alive" (if i didn't wrong) it's amazing
nice riffing and strong voice for a really proper come back of a sensational band

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online