Rate The Song Above You Part III

Mistral Wind

Reaction score
I have to acknowlodge the good guitar work that's been done in this track, but the song, in general, has not a kind of sound that resonate with me (the vocals in particular). But they are good, I give them that! 6,5/10

dr wu

Dr Prog
Reaction score
To me it's another basic hard rock/metal track. It sounds like a Cat Scrtach Fever(NUgent) riff foillowed by Immigrang song (Zep) riff. Played ok but again nothing unique that doesn't sound like a hundred other metal bands. The vocals are really mediocre also. 5/10 ...I'm being generous.

Now for something different that most will probably not 'get'. Certainly not everyones cuppa.....its out there.

Hydrazoic Acid

Skeptic
Reaction score
I have to acknowlodge the good guitar work that's been done in this track, but the song, in general, has not a kind of sound that resonate with me (the vocals in particular).
Ha-ha, Ted is very well-known "singer" :grinthumb - his voice is too specific, I'm not a big fan of it singing either (but he's an amazing guitar player). Btw, Giuseppe, your song by MF is cool. :cheers2
Something meditative, unearthly (a bit soundalike of early Pink Floyd) - and in a weird combination with electronic sounds, that reminds video game console right from the 90's. Interesting. 7/10.

dr wu

Dr Prog
Reaction score
Off Topic,...I am unable to aceess the Off Toipic forum and others in Classic Rock Society area..can any.one help?

Mistral Wind

Reaction score
oh well, let's say, I prefer other sounds by Queen... but this is still a good song... maybe a little bit obsolete for 2008...
(plus, it hurts me, when Queen sings without Freddie... they should have become Princess! XD ^__^' )... 7/10

DR WU: if for some reason you can't see that, ask the admins! That section should be down below, at the bottom... it's the last one.

Aero

Reaction score
How did this thread turn into the 80s Hard Rock thread? At any rate, I'll give this one a 7...but damn, every song in this thread you guys post sounds the same.

Hydrazoic Acid

Skeptic
Reaction score
Great melodious song, it's noticeably, that Liam and the guys are saved the traditions of Oasis. 9/10.

How did this thread turn into the 80s Hard Rock thread? At any rate, I'll give this one a 7...but damn, every song in this thread you guys post sounds the same.

Man, I don't think this is 100% right. Sure, we have some songs from the 80's, but along with them - just look at least at previous page: The Amboy Dukes, Stone Sour, Hammerfall, Slayer, Mountain, Bachman-Turner Overdrive... It's not just exclusively 80's at all.

Hydrazoic Acid

Skeptic
Reaction score
Real classic. Great pomp-rock composition from the legendary album. These guys are from highest league. 10/10.

Last edited:

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Staff online

Members online