Rare Doo Wop Recordings

conklinwj

Reaction score
I have been collecting doo wop recordings for 40+ years. Once I had the Top 500 or so standard doo wop recordings, I turned my attention to rare recordings......collecting thousands over the last 10+ years. Whether you are a serious collector or simply would like to hear doo wop recordings you never heard before, please contact me at [email protected] for more information and to see song listings for a sample of the songs I have in my collections. My entire collection is on my computer in MP3 format which makes it very easy to share recordings.

Look forward to hearing from other doo wop fans like myself.

Bill

Hurdy Gurdy Man

Reaction score
Back in the rather wistful 1950's,my father used to visit friends in the projects of Cambridge,MA where he enjoyed the distinctive delight of listening to the "hallway groups' that used to showcase their glorious acapella inclinations for all the passersby up and down the staircases and still has some recordings they made locally.Every bit as engaging as records made by the Drifters,Platters and Flamingos,etc.Spent many an evening marveling at all the resplendently gifted basses,altos and sopranos that most music historians seemed to have sadly forgotten.Probably these acts were manipulated by some of the fly by night record promoters,some of whom ran their businesses literally out of the trunks of their cars.The only more modern age act who in my opinion rivals these groups was maybe Boys II men back in the 90's.....

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Staff online

Members online