Rank the Def Leppard guitarists

Van AeroLep

Reaction score
Phil Collen
Steve Clark
Vivian Campbell
Pete Willis

Simple as that order the def lepp guitarists in your opinion best to worst.

Last edited:

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Pete Willis
Steve Clark
Phil Collen
Vivian Campbell (who is much better when not in Def Leppard...he took a major back seat with this band)

stepcousin

stuck in the 70's
Reaction score
Pete Willis
Phil Collen
Steve Clark
Viv Campbell

I never realized how impotant Pete Willis was to the band until I started to hear live bootlegs from those early years. It's no coincidence that looking back I think we can all tell where they went wrong after Willis was kicked out.

Khor1255

Reaction score
Pete Willis

Musically, one of the most idiotic lineup changes I can think of. Financially? Well, we'll never know will we?

Especially their material from the first album showed great potential and holds up well against any of the great second generation metal albums you can list. The second album was aiming towards popamole but still had incredible grit.

Mutt Lang apparently wasn't into making good music only producing formula schlock. And he was - unfortunately - very good at that.

As for the order,

Steve Clark comes next not really because of technical ability but for songwriting and general musicianship.

The less said about the others the best. If you don't have anything good to say and all that...

Reaction score
Pete Willis

Musically, one of the most idiotic lineup changes I can think of. Financially? Well, we'll never know will we?

Especially their material from the first album showed great potential and holds up well against any of the great second generation metal albums you can list. The second album was aiming towards popamole but still had incredible grit.

Mutt Lang apparently wasn't into making good music only producing formula schlock. And he was - unfortunately - very good at that.

As for the order,

Steve Clark comes next not really because of technical ability but for songwriting and general musicianship.

The less said about the others the best. If you don't have anything good to say and all that...

^ This 100%! I personally don't even rate Phil Collen at all, he's a :wank:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FernandoRu

Staff online