Randy Rhoads Autograph

Indifferentmonkey

Reaction score
Just thought it would be cool to share a great moment i had back in 1980 when i was about 14. Having watched "Blizzard of Oz' at King Georges Hall in Blackburn, UK, my friend and I managed to sneak backstage and up a stairwell. We were turned back by a bouncer at the top...but as he was trying to make us go back down...Randy Rhoads, who was simply leaning against a wall smoking a ciggy clocked what was happening through the glass door leading on to the stairwell. He came over and simply said to the bouncer words to the effect of "Hey man, they're with me!".
He then led us down the corridor and into the dressing room where Ozzy was relaxing in an old sofa and both Bob Daisley and Lee Kerslake were in the room. I sat down nxt to Ozzy and it all felt like i was in a dream. I was just a kid but they made me feel like one of them. They were asking where a good restaurant might be and so on. I still remember the feeling and the happiness thy gave me that night was so very special (Have dined out on it for many years!).
What's really special is that the whole band signed my programme on their own profile page. I still have it today and it is a treasured item. I will never sell it (unless i hit rock bottom somehow). One day I might donate it to some Rock Loving Venue (Perhaps the Cavern in Liverpool). For now though it reminds me of how Randy Rhoads made a little kid's day...he made me so happy that night, and so very sad when not that long after he died in that damn plane crash. I will never forget him. What a cool, amazingly talented and genuinely lovely bloke he was...:). He was part of the reason I ended up being a musician myself. He was awesome!:bow:

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Staff online

Members online