Rain Water Is Not Yours To Collect??????

Discussion in 'Off Topic Abyss' started by Slip'nn2Darkness, Dec 14, 2011.

1. Slip'nn2Darkness

Slip'nn2Darkness Sub Sonic Soul Shaker

2. Magic

Magic Woman of the World

Bah, ha ha ha!

"yer going to jail buddy"

"what fer"

"That rain barrel on da porch......it's illegal and you may just rot in jail for that cistern ya have"

:oyea:

Seriously....Utah and other western states :wtf: Those laws remind me of some old ones on our books that make it illegal for women to wear shiny shoes.

3. Slick

Slick Junior Member

Saw an attractive lady the other day with bright yellow pumps. I wanted to take her aside and explain a few things about life, but I figured she was a lost cause.

4. Titokinz

Titokinz Earthbound misfit

That's utterly ridiculous, there an article out to explain this? I would like to hear them elaborate on why they think they own Mother nature.

5. Nololob

Nololob Long Live Wock 'n' Woll

:oyea::oyea::oyea::oyea::oyea::oyea::oyea:

6. Slip'nn2Darkness

Slip'nn2Darkness Sub Sonic Soul Shaker

I guess this is old news or at least it was first heard of back in 2009.. But Colorado is tops on the list of states that "Harvesting Rain Water" is Illegal.. Well sorta now that some called BS and started to make them explain why they thought they owned water rights on rainfall..

Here's a article that explains the reason why they felt the need to enforce a law to stop people from harvesting rainfall..

Colorado Rainwater Harvesting | Who owns Colorado's rainwater? - Los Angeles Times

7. LG

LG Fade To Black

Utterly ridiculous...then again when you buy your house you don't own the airspace above it or the land beneath it either. If the authorities discover something valuable they evict you and pay the least possible amount for your property. In the old days you owned everything underneath your house or on your property.

As far as government's doing this with rainfall they'll just use "eminent domain" laws that basically override any existing statutes guaranteeing your rights. I have two big rain barrels here, that were given to us free by the provincial government years ago. Considering we are a dry region they figure every drop you can collect for your garden etc. is a good thing.

8. TheFeldster

TheFeldster Mr Kite

In South Australia, we were encouraged by the government to get rainwater tanks, due to the fact that we were in drought. Mains water was restricted (i.e. it was illegal to water your garden with a hose connected to mains water outside of 5-6am in the morning on Tuesdays and Thursdays, blah blah blah) so everyone went out and bought rainwater tanks. And now the government has realized that there is no-one paying them water bills anymore. So there's talk of taxing people for having a rainwater tank. *facepalm*

9. Riff Raff

Riff Raff List Writer Staff Member

Heh guess thats a law that will create an entire population of rebels.

10. TheWhalerfan

TheWhalerfan Lovus My Avatarus

Totally wacked.