Rage Against the Machine (Official Thread)

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Re: RATM *Rage Against the Machine*

Other than RATM's first album, I have trouble listening to them. I am another person who doesn't care too much for Zack's vocals. I would much rather listen to Audioslave.

I will give RATM credit, though, for some pretty good riffage.

Another incident I thought was cool was their stand against censorship at Lollapalooza in 1993, when they all got on stage stark naked.

rage_machine.jpg

lollapalooza2.jpg

If any of you want to see the unsensored pic, PM me and I will send it to you

:heheh:

snakes&ladders

Reaction score

Other than RATM's first album, I have trouble listening to them. I am another person who doesn't care too much for Zack's vocals. I would much rather listen to Audioslave.

I will give RATM credit, though, for some pretty good riffage.

Another incident I thought was cool was their stand against censorship at Lollapalooza in 1993, when they all got on stage stark naked.

rage_machine.jpg

lollapalooza2.jpg

If any of you want to see the unsensored pic, PM me and I will send it to you

:heheh:

......and they weren't arrested??????:pullhair::pullhair::pullhair:

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

One of my favourite ever bands. Have some very cool tunes plus I like Zacks vocals a lot.
Some favourite tracks of mine.

pistolpete

Reaction score

I watched the movie "The Other Guys" last night and I was pleased to hear this RATM track at the closing.. Totally forgot about it.. Great song!!

I think it's much better than Dylans version..

Never heard their version of that. Thanks. Although I still like Dylan's more.

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score

I hear about Zack's vocals getting slammed quite a bit (even more than James LaBrie. :eek: ) but I for one like them and think the suit Rage Against The Machine perfectly. His abrasive vocals and aggressive delivery really work ideally for the **** you sort of thing that RATM stood for.

scarface

Reaction score

They rock especially Tom Morello , he really knows his way around the frets :)

Check out his solos,here

gregjohnson1229

Reaction score

Great great great great great band. I actually got to see them live and it was def a great show. This band really could cause a riot because their fans who understand their message would with out hesitating at all do what they are told.

They have a hell of a rhythm section. Brad Wilk is one of the best drummers of all time I don't care what anyone says. I would have no issue mentioning him with the likes of Bonham.

Morrello one of the most inovative guitarists along with Hendrix.

Tim Commerford is a hell of a bassist who is one of the greats as well.

Zach is just an insane front man and IMO a great lyricist.

One of the best bands all time and one of the best to come out of the 90's.

I wouldn't call them a Nu-Metal band since they do not us a DJ like most of the Nu-Metal bands and since they also incorporated guitar solos into their songs which Nu-Metal bands did not do.

They def are a dangerous band and it is funny to see how they scare the hell out of the government.

I coudln't agree with you more. Brad Wilks is probably the most deserving unsung drummer ever. Even his work with Audioslave was good. Tom Morello is one of the best riff creators and the most distinctive soloist.

Beady Eye

Reaction score
One of my favroite bands of all time is RATM. They did rap/rock (numetal) whatever u wanna call it, far and beyond better than anyone else. I know LG doesn't like the vocal style of Zach de la Roacha, but without him is isn't RATM is is Audioslave. Tom Morrello one of the most innovative guitarists since Jimi Hendrix as far as his ability to bring new and refreshing sounds from the electric guitar. Also Morello is one of the best riff creators. Many people overlook the great riffs in songs like "Wake Up" "Killing In The Name Of". "Bulls On Parade", "Sleep Now In Fire", "Calm Like A Bomb" and many more.

Not much to add. One of the biggest achievements in music is the creation of an entirely new and different sound. RATM is one of those bands which is mostly Morello's effort.
Innovative guitar players don't need to be the most technically proficient ones. For instance: Slash created way more memorable riffs and solos than the more technical assembly line guitar player Buckethead.
Morello is definitely not an all-time great player, he won't be remember for the most beautiful melodies either, but he created this unique sound that plain rocks and is easily identified as his.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsisOFlynn

Members online

No members online now.