Rage Against the Machine (Official Thread)

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
Re: RATM *Rage Against the Machine*

I love how Rage Against The Machine managed to get the #1 single of the Christmas week in the UK this past year with "Killing in The Name". Who would've thunk that people would be able to come together and push a song that uses the F word a couple dozen times all the way to the top of the singles charts, and in the heart of the Christmas season of all times. :heheh:

Tray73

இڿڰۣ-ڰۣ—
Reaction score

I like some of their stuff and have their first album. My favourites are 'Killing in the Name' and 'Bullet in the Head'.

I love how Rage Against The Machine managed to get the #1 single of the Christmas week in the UK this past year with "Killing in The Name". Who would've thunk that people would be able to come together and push a song that uses the F word a couple dozen times all the way to the top of the singles charts, and in the heart of the Christmas season of all times. :heheh:

Yeah that was great :grinthumb It was a stand against Simon Cowell's X-Factor (tv singing talent show, for those that don't know it) having the monopoly on the Christmas number ones for the past few years - always with some drivel or other. It seemed year in year out we were forever to be inflicted with mechanical schmaltzy pap for our Xmas number ones, last year changed that and hopefully it will be done again this year!
Btw, RATM donated the profits made from their Christmas no.1 to UK charity Shelter, the cheque was handed over during the free gig they did in London in June to celebrate the success of the campaign. :tup:

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score

Before Rage Against The Machine's upset wasn't the last song to get the Christmas #1 single that wasn't courtesy of Mr. Cowell'***** factory Gary Jules' cover of "Mad World" way back in 2003?

Tray73

இڿڰۣ-ڰۣ—
Reaction score

I think it was yes. I remember when I first heard it I thought it was Michael Stipe singing!

AboutAGirl

oh, be nice
Reaction score

Seriously? Garry Jules' Mad World is bloody excellent!

In any case I absolutely adore RATM's debut album. It would rank among my favorite albums from the 90s, most likely. But the rest of their material failed to really move me.

ComfortablyNumb

Unquestionable Presence
Reaction score

Great great great great great band. I actually got to see them live and it was def a great show. This band really could cause a riot because their fans who understand their message would with out hesitating at all do what they are told.

They have a hell of a rhythm section. Brad Wilk is one of the best drummers of all time I don't care what anyone says. I would have no issue mentioning him with the likes of Bonham.

Morrello one of the most inovative guitarists along with Hendrix.

Tim Commerford is a hell of a bassist who is one of the greats as well.

Zach is just an insane front man and IMO a great lyricist.

One of the best bands all time and one of the best to come out of the 90's.

I wouldn't call them a Nu-Metal band since they do not us a DJ like most of the Nu-Metal bands and since they also incorporated guitar solos into their songs which Nu-Metal bands did not do.

They def are a dangerous band and it is funny to see how they scare the hell out of the government.

Slip'nn2Darkness

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score

I watched the movie "The Other Guys" last night and I was pleased to hear this RATM track at the closing.. Totally forgot about it.. Great song!!

I think it's much better than Dylans version..

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HildredLad

Members online