R.I.P. Ronnie Spector

Sharp Dressed Man

Down South Jukin'
Reaction score
Ronnie Spector, whose hard-edged yet tremulous voice soared on the Ronettes’ girl-group hits of the early ‘60s, died on Wednesday of cancer. She was 78.

Cancer strikes again! I used to have a huge crush on her and thought she even looked wonderfull as she grew older. More importantly though, what a lovely voice. The Ronettes were great, of course, but I also enjoyed her solo albums!

ron.jpg

ron2.jpg

Ronnie covering The Stones on her most recent and unfortunately last studio album:

Black Dahlia

A Seasoned Witch
Reaction score
Yesterday I learned that Ronnie Spector died 5 days ago, Jan 12, 2022.

After reading that, I thought of a quote from Jim Steinman, R.I.P., that comes back to me from time to time:

“My songs are anthems to those moments when you feel like you’re on the head of a match that’s burning. …They’re anthems to the kind of feeling you get listening to ‘Be My Baby’ by the Ronettes. …” Jim Steinman
—from a 1978 interview with Rolling Stone

Cool that a songwriter of his caliber was so inspired by Ms. Ronnie Spector & company. I forever would get a certain feeling when listening to The Ronettes…. Kind of the same feeling that I get from listening to the Meat Loaf (and Jim Steinman) album Bat Out Of Hell.

Alas, this world is further diminished with the passing of such a great singer. Ronnie Spector, rest in peace.

Last edited:

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online