I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
screen-shot-2016-01-11-at-12-55-30-am.png

R.I.P. David Bowie, music legend has died at age of 69 | Consequence of Sound

I'm shocked!!! I was just enjoying his new stuff! :uh:

Sharp Dressed Man

Down South Jukin'
Reaction score
It is so depressing seeing all these icons from our childhood passing away. I still remember the first time I heard David Bowie; I was confused and amazed at the same time. "Space Oddity" remains one of my all-time favourite songs. Sad, sad, sad….

CP/M User

Ace in the Hole
Reaction score
Had been struggling with Cancer for the last 18 months.

Was a surprise to hear of his passing. No more David Jones! :(

Phil B.

Far Out Man!
Reaction score
Bowie has always been an enigma for me. To this day I listen to his music that I couldn't stand 10 years ago, and now it's some of the most relevant tunes I have. He was certainly a gifted artist. Rest in peace you space cowboy.

Philmore

Reaction score
I'm shocked too. I wasn't aware that he had cancer. RIP David.

Vader

Veteran Of A Thousand Psychic Wars
Reaction score
Wow, kind of in disbelief. Bowie is a legend and rightly so.

R.I.P.

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Just posted this new track in my music group last night! I really dug it but damn if it's not even more chilling to watch and listen to now!

Lazarus

Vader

Reaction score
Just posted this new track in my music group last night! I really dug it but damn if it's not even more chilling to watch and listen to now!

Lazarus

Wow, that is powerful and gripping. I'm pretty much at a loss for words...stunned ... but I will say I was discussing the new Bowie at another site just days ago. The first version I heard the sound quality was very poor. This sealed it though sounds great and I need to pick it up.

I feel kinda like a dick for even talking about his new release right now. :uh:

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Wow, that is powerful and gripping. I'm pretty much at a loss for words...stunned ... but I will say I was discussing the new Bowie at another site just days ago. The first version I heard the sound quality was very poor. This sealed it though sounds great and I need to pick it up.

I feel kinda like a dick for even talking about his new release right now. :uh:

Well, I wouldn't. As a musician and artist I think that's what Bowie would want. There's something very knowing about the song and vid. It has that Johnny Cash-Hurt vibe. This was far from a bad way to go out and imo there's an optimism in the song regardless of the dark subject matter. :)

Vader

Reaction score
Well, I wouldn't. As a musician and artist I think that's what Bowie would want. There's something very knowing about the song and vid. It has that Johnny Cash-Hurt vibe. This was far from a bad way to go out and imo there's an optimism in the song regardless of the dark subject matter. :)

Well yeah, I was and am feeling like it was kind of like a self send off for his fans.Eerie yet at the heart it of he's basically is saying "I'm free". But I just heard minutes before posting here and it's just so soon after Lemmy dying days after his own birthday. It's all just a bit surreal at the moment.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online