Queensryche - Dedicated To Chaos (2011)

Rockperson

Reaction score
Re: Queensryche - Dedicated To Chaos (Special Edition)

I won`t be getting this now :D

Hear In The Now Frontier for me was the beginning of the end, everything after that I haven`t liked, what a downfall of a once great band.

Tray73

இڿڰۣ-ڰۣ—
Reaction score

I've seen you mention how truly rotten this album is before and it saddens me that such a fantastic band have come to this. But I am curious to give it a listen, though I don't want to shell out for it as if such a stalwart fan as yourself hates it it's got to be a real rotten tomato!
I guess they'll be playing some of this stuff when we go and see them in a few weeks, so I'll get some idea of what it's like.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

^^I would be a little apprehensive myself now Tray going to see them and knowing they are going to play some tracks from the new album. Although many people slagged it, I thought American Soldier was okay, that is the last Queensryche CD I picked up.

I do agree with Taha, since DeGarmo left the band has lost something.

Mr. T

Reaction score

I've seen you mention how truly rotten this album is before and it saddens me that such a fantastic band have come to this. But I am curious to give it a listen, though I don't want to shell out for it as if such a stalwart fan as yourself hates it it's got to be a real rotten tomato!
I guess they'll be playing some of this stuff when we go and see them in a few weeks, so I'll get some idea of what it's like.

I doubt they will play much from this, Tray, considering they are in the opening slot and considering this album is so radically different from anything they have done before. If they do, Priest fans will probably riot. Yes, it is THAT different. I suspect you will be treated to a "best of" type playlist so it should be a decent show.

LyricalLaurel

EΔЯ ЯESPOИSIBŁE, too!
Reaction score

TUNEZ said:
No, it wasn't dollars that affected them, it is Geoff's out of check ego and none of the others standing up to him IMO. Even his new **** daddy look sux. Glad you enjoyed the review tho.

I thought about the almighty dollar thing last night, (hadn't read your post) and it occurred to me that the dollar doesn't seem to be what has driven QR before - it has been their fans, their love of THEIR style of music and love of what they do and who they are. Shame the other guys misplaced their balls... because I have a feeling that for all of you QR fans, you true-blue fans, this is going to be, well, not a deal-breaker, but they'd better come out with something soon that is THEM (the old THEM).

taha

Reaction score

^^,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, I thought American Soldier was okay, that is the last Queensryche CD I picked up.

I do agree with Taha, since DeGarmo left the band has lost something.

and the wierd thing, DeGarmo still writes with Geoff. So where does that material go, or, what does Geoff do with it after he gets into the studio.....:wtf:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

^^That is weird Taha, you would think Tate would know what made them successful and stick with that. If he wants to do a "cabaret album" like TUNEZ's described this new release then do a solo record and get back to the roots of what made Queensryche such a heavyweight among metal fans all over the world.

I think TUNEZ is right, since DeGarmo left no one really stands up to Geoff anymore.

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score

After reading this, I have pretty much zero desire to even give it a listen. I loved the glory days of Queensryche, from inception through Empire. When DeGarmo left, they lost something special from a band perspective. I liked some of the music after Empire, but the lyrics and songwriting were definitely going downhill. The stuff they did after Empire was ok, but not great. by the time they got to Q2K, I can honestly say I was pretty much done with them. I tried to get into OMC2 but even that fell well short of my hopes.

I can stick with 1983-1990 and be happy with that.

Good writeup though, I respect your thoughts on QR as much as anyone's, so I'll definitely take your word for it.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

^^I like OMC2, it's not at the level of the first one but I am glad they finished the story. It was too bad DeGarmo had left before that, but when I play the first one I play the sequel.:D

Mr. T

Reaction score

and the wierd thing, DeGarmo still writes with Geoff. So where does that material go, or, what does Geoff do with it after he gets into the studio.....:wtf:

taha all I can say for sure is that DeGarmo is given zero writing credits on this and it doesn't even smell like him if you know what I mean.

After reading this, I have pretty much zero desire to even give it a listen. I loved the glory days of Queensryche, from inception through Empire. When DeGarmo left, they lost something special from a band perspective. I liked some of the music after Empire, but the lyrics and songwriting were definitely going downhill. The stuff they did after Empire was ok, but not great. by the time they got to Q2K, I can honestly say I was pretty much done with them. I tried to get into OMC2 but even that fell well short of my hopes.

I can stick with 1983-1990 and be happy with that.

Good writeup though, I respect your thoughts on QR as much as anyone's, so I'll definitely take your word for it.

Man it was really difficult to be this brutal about this album but it HAD to be said. I even enjoyed American Soldier but this is sonic bombast and studio wizardy with no real direction. Geoff has stated that this is a "headphone album", which it is, but all the sonic gimmicks in the world can't hide the fact that this is both deplorable songwriting and presentation.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Staff online

Members online