Q Magazine and NME's Top 50 Albums of 2010

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Sad to say I've never read Blender all that much.....but I think my point is...I could post a list from say Metal Hammer and alot of people would be like...What Kind Of List Is This???

:heheh: :cheers2

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
I looked up the John Grant artist and it's pretty cool! He reminds me of Bowie! :grinthumb

John Grant

John+Grant+2.jpg

I Want To Go To Marz

Where Dreams Go To Die

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
I'm really digging this Cherry Ghost song as well! Very passionate performance!

Cherry Ghost
85235287.jpg

People Help The People

Aktivator

aka Hightea
Reaction score
Very much an indie kind of list, which is quite alright and what you'd expect from them. But when I see these kinds of lists I just have to wonder -- does anybody do a comprehensive list? Like, who does the most comprehensive lists? 'Cause everybody has their bias, that's cool and unavoidable, but I'd be fascinated to see a list that put together not just mostly the stuff I'm aware of but all kinds of things... from underground electronic black metal like WOLD, to modern classical, to top 40 pop, to midlevel indie rock... all kinds of crazy things... throat singing... anything, man. Wouldn't a list like that be cool? I think so... Like a list that specifically tries to be as diverse as possible, no two entries from the same subset.
I think that is too difficult these days. What I tend to do is look at lists at the places I go to get the music I like. Sometimes its lists like these sometimes its a prog list or heck even a pop list. It's the only way to keep in touch becaue I can never figure out what type of music I like on a year to year basis.

In regards to a comprehensive list I tend to lean on the 1000 best albums of the year at rateyourmusic.com. It's still missing stuff but covers lots of ground.

Top Albums of 2010 - Rate Your Music

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I don't think I have more than 2 or 3 of the albums posted in either list AK...:think:

I would do much better with a European or Classical list myself.:D

Aktivator

aka Hightea
Reaction score
I looked up the John Grant artist and it's pretty cool! He reminds me of Bowie! :grinthumb

John Grant

John+Grant+2.jpg

I Want To Go To Marz

Where Dreams Go To Die

Cool I didn't realize he did an album with Midlake. In regards to what to check out new music is hard to pindown. Check a few out I'm not sure what I would really recommend. I believe you know about Laura Marling?

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online