Public Service Broadcasting

Sharp Dressed Man

Down South Jukin'
Reaction score
I'll admit that I had never heard about this band before their latest album "The Race For Space", in fact, I only get to know them by pure coincidence/luck. I'm a complete space nerd and thus the album title and the cover artwork (see below) caught my eye in a magazine.

The album is a concept album about the American and Soviet space race from 1957-1972. There's some obvious prog./space rock and Pink Floyd influences on this album, but I do not want to give people the wrong impression, the music is first and foremost electronic with a lot samples from various space missions, giving the album a really superb atmosphere.

5055869501859.jpg

I've always said that I am an album guy, I hate to pick out songs and particularly in this case, it is an injustice, as the album really needs to be heard from start to finish! But I guess I have to post something, so here's a random pick:

Official website: PUBLIC SERVICE BROADCASTING
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/PUBLICSERVICEBROADCASTING

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
I myself like epic Electronic based albums and based off that one track I would enjoy this album. The space mission inserts really give this a different feel! Awesome thread man! :grinthumb

~Banshee~

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Reaction score
Am kind of familiar with this band, although I didn't know they had a new album out. A friend from another forum would post about them a lot, "Spitfires" and "Everest" especially.

Marbles

Reaction score
Album 3 has been out for some time now and does not disappoint.

"Every Valley" is a narrative about the rise and fall of coal mining in South Wales, told from the perspective of the miners, without being overtly political. Unusually for PSB it features a number of guest vocalists, including James Dean Bradfield, from Manic Street Preachers.

Recommended. A stunning piece of work.

joker1961

Skaven Swear Runner
Reaction score
I'll admit that I had never heard about this band before their latest album "The Race For Space", in fact, I only get to know them by pure coincidence/luck. I'm a complete space nerd and thus the album title and the cover artwork (see below) caught my eye in a magazine.

The album is a concept album about the American and Soviet space race from 1957-1972. There's some obvious prog./space rock and Pink Floyd influences on this album, but I do not want to give people the wrong impression, the music is first and foremost electronic with a lot samples from various space missions, giving the album a really superb atmosphere.

5055869501859.jpg

I've always said that I am an album guy, I hate to pick out songs and particularly in this case, it is an injustice, as the album really needs to be heard from start to finish! But I guess I have to post something, so here's a random pick:

Official website: PUBLIC SERVICE BROADCASTING
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/PUBLICSERVICEBROADCASTING

I myself like epic Electronic based albums and based off that one track I would enjoy this album. The space mission inserts really give this a different feel! Awesome thread man! :grinthumb

wow wee never heard of this duo until now thank you both!

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online