Progressive Rock kid

SloopJohnB

Reaction score
I found this talent on Twitter recently and thought I'd share it. This is a thirteen year old from Canada who goes by the name of Matt Errs. He's very talented and has some very creative videos on his YouTube channel. I love this one called "Whatever Comes"...

Here's another one of his originals called "The Other Side". The sound reminds me a bit of Yes...

He has a cool collection of covers and originals on his channel with some very creative videos. Check it out if you want to see what the YouTube generation is up to. He's got some talent!

https://www.youtube.com/user/CasualNoise/videos

His website:

Music, Matt Errs Music Home

Last edited:

Johnny-Too-Good

Reaction score
Not sure about the 'Your Song' cover SJB, but I'm definitely impressed with the other two tracks. Astonishing really to see one so young stretching himself artistically instead of banging out mindless pop shit. He certainly looks like one to watch out for in the future.

SloopJohnB

Reaction score
The "Your Song" video goes back over a year. Here is his latest video from a few weeks ago, a cover of "Hit the Road Jack". He can play that piano and he has a very creative mind and sense of humor...

In the comments section he wrote "It was a real challenge to get all my split personalities work together =D"

:grinthumb

Jet

Midway Up The Ceiling
Reaction score
Wow, he is very impressive! I like all the songs he did. :grinthumb

SloopJohnB

Reaction score
In addition to being a musical prodigy, Matt is also an avid anti-bullying campaigner. Here is a song he did with an anti-bullying organization in Canada called Friends for Harmony which he wants to share to stop bullying...

We'll Stand for You - Friends for Harmony w/ Matt Errs

Here is a live version of the same song...

And here is a song from his YouTube channel called "Someone"...very soulful

Very awesome kid.

Here are a couple of articles about him:

Introducing Matt Errs » TheSkyKid.Com

Matt Errs is a Canadian Singer/Songwriter/Pianist on YouTube - In the Dawg Pound

SloopJohnB

Reaction score
I found this cool early version of one of his originals called "Up in the Air" on a different YouTube channel, someone who was helping him with his videos. This is pretty cool and surreal...

This is the final version of "Up in the Air" on his own YouTube channel...

I like his vocal style.

SloopJohnB

Reaction score
Update...

Matt is a real talent on the keyboards as this clip shows...

The video quality isn't the greatest on this recent performance by Matt, but the crowd reaction tells the story live...

A future Keith Emerson? Stay tuned.

Last edited:

SloopJohnB

Reaction score
New video from Matt, a nice piano tribute to Pink Floyd keyboardist Richard Wright.

The Great Gig in the Sky

SloopJohnB

Reaction score
More piano work from Matt on his latest video. He's a very serious musician on that piano. New songs in the works, according to him. I'll post them as he makes them...

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustybroom

Staff online

Members online