(Prog Albums #1) - Cressida - Cressida

Nololob

Long Live Wock 'n' Woll
Reaction score
Just came back from the reunion concert in London. Despite the fact it took me 3 hours... BY WALK... to get there, it was such a wonderful night. That time I had a chance to taste the sound of 70s pure progressive rock, loved everything. After 40 years they still sound like they were still touring and playing. I did pay more attention to Kevin McCarthy, the bass player to see how he plays. More difficult to find that out on 5 string bass (damn, I hate them :bonk:), but all of them played brilliantly. I wanted to borrow a camera, but no one, who had was available, so I kinda have to wait until some videos will be posted on YouTube or pictures on FB. Great warm up before another (giant) prog rock band, Uriah Heep!

After the gig there was a chance to meet and talk with the members of the band, but unfortunately I had to catch up the last coach. Took me nearly 3 hours to get to the venue and just an hour back to the coach station. I can't explain that!

So glad to see them performing at only one concert, it is a massive satisfaction.

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score
Lou and myself managed to catch them in London last night on the bill with Cathedral, very good but slightly out of place at a metal gig. Anyhoo I will be picking up their albums for sure, they are not quite as good as Caravan IMHO:peek

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
Im impressed you got to see CRESSIDA Nolo . Travelling to gigs in London is no easy business and takes some effort.....plus the cost of it all, we were forever changing trains on the underground, stopping off at local rock pubs along the way of course to sample some ale etc etc
I think as the story goes CRESSIDA played well and CATHEDRAL asked them to replace COMUS who had to pull out due to the serious ill health of their vocalist. Shame because we were really looking forward in seeing them.
I may of been guilty of the odd grumble when CRESSIDA were on....a bit too laid back for my tastes., but I sort of knew Sweaty would like them.....

Nololob

Long Live Wock 'n' Woll
Reaction score
Lou, if I'm honest I don't mind travelling to London for gigs, on Monday I found out HMV Forum is very close to The Underworld, where Cressida played. It would just take me extra 20 minutes by walk, but I'm happy to spend £17 on coach than nearly £30 on train and since I had to travel on the underground I can't be asked to do it again.

Their prog is not the same as Camel or Caravan, it has some pop feel, but still worth to have a listen, especially their second album called "Asylum".

Damocles74

Redditor lucis aeternae
Reaction score
Just picked up the new Cressida ~ trapped in time demos from the 70's! Different arrangement on some of the songs that made the album make this vinyl a must have.

1.942257CressidaTrappedinTimeb.jpg

Nololob

Long Live Wock 'n' Woll
Reaction score
I know this one is a limited pressing to 750 copies. I was going to buy it, but the price is like £20, which unfortunately crosses the border of my limit I can spend on a vinyl record.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Members online