Power Metal

Gordy39

Reaction score
My favorite band of all time will always be Helloween(been a fan since i first heard them back in 1986). I went through a period between 1995 and about 2007 where i was a big power metal fan collecting every power metal cd i could get my hands on. I still love power metal but not as much as i used to having sold off about 75% of my p.m. cds.

Gordy

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
My favorite band of all time will always be Helloween(been a fan since i first heard them back in 1986). I went through a period between 1995 and about 2007 where i was a big power metal fan collecting every power metal cd i could get my hands on. I still love power metal but not as much as i used to having sold off about 75% of my p.m. cds.

Gordy

I really like Helloween. It took me a while to warm up to power metal. I always considered myself a melodic metal chick, but LG and MP changed that. I now have quite a power metal collection:

Crimson Glory
Helloween
Stratovarius
Kamelot
Iced Earth
Gamma Ray
Nightwish
Primal Fear
Sonata Arctica
Nocturnal Rites
Savatage
Blind Guardian
Nevermore
Hammerfall
Elvenking

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Power Metal is my favorite of the new "Branches" of the heavy metal I grew up with. It gets a lot of stick because of bands that sing about dragons and fantasy etc., but I have a great imagination and don't mind that subject matter at all.

I am still adding bands to my PM collection, and there are enough differences between them to hold my interest for a while longer.

And as you can tell by my sig, Gamma Ray is where it started for me.:tup:

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
If my memory serves me right, LG you were the first one to get me to listen to Power Metal, with a Helloween album "Master of the Rings". I can remember you telling me the music isn't that much "harder" than Blue Oyster Cult's "Tyranny and Mutation" album

:heheh:

(I believe I was raiding that album from your vault at the time :) )

Harkat

Reaction score
Im struggling with Sonata Arctica.
Some of their songs blow me away but the rest sounds like all the sounds produced just gets mushed together into a sound =\

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Yeppers before convincing you to check out that Helloween album you were laid back mellow "Black Sabbath/Ozzy" fangirl...:lmao:

I just like the fact so many European bands have kept the metal banner flying for the last 20 years or so.:bow:

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
In my defense, LG...........I was an FM radio listener. US radio doesn't play European {or any countries} power metal. Infact, you get the same old stuff on rotation.

Before I entered a forum, I didn't know this kind of music existed..........

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Im struggling with Sonata Arctica.
Some of their songs blow me away but the rest sounds like all the sounds produced just gets mushed together into a sound =\

Which albums by Sonata Arctica do you have, Harkat?

I would start with Ecliptica and Winterheart's Guild :grinthumb

Harkat

Reaction score
In my defense, LG...........I was an FM radio listener. US radio doesn't play European {or any countries} power metal. Infact, you get the same old stuff on rotation.

Before I entered a forum, I didn't know this kind of music existed..........

I remember growing up with the belief that Metal was really bad and evil. :flirt

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^No need to be defensive Magic, I stumbled upon Gamma Ray when I was looking for Ronnie Montrose's band Gamma...and downloaded a few tracks off Rocket and I was hooked. Then Helloween, Kamelot, Iced Earth...and a host of others all ended up in the library. Although I don't use Rocket anymore I owe it a debt of gratitude, we met there and I found so much new music it rekindled my interest to a fever pitch again.:D

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrentonBeo

Members online