Post Your 5 Favorite Female Fronted Metal Bands, all sub genes.

Vader

Veteran Of A Thousand Psychic Wars
Reaction score
Lets see how many of you make a list. I need to think my list over for a bit longer but I will be posting mine soon enough. If you want to post a top 10 knock yer self out.

Vader

Veteran Of A Thousand Psychic Wars
Reaction score
Km
OK, after some thought here is my list of 5.

1. NIGHTWISH , with Tarja only. I saw them liveat the now defunt House Of Blues in Hollywood , man, you wanna talk about amazing. Tarja was so powerful and incredible live that I was completely mesmerized. And the band didn't suck either ( understatement). IMO, Nightwish will never again be as powerful and compelling as they were. with Tarja, vocally or musically.

2. Blood Ceremony, is my second pick for a good reason. They not only THE best mix of Tull, Sabbath and Purple to my ears that there is but they are also very intriguing lyrically and vocally. Combining intricate, musical interplay which includes both powerful emotion and intricate harmonies that are perfectly matched by Alia O'brien's mystical vocal delivery in parts both sweet and dangerous. Blood Ceremony have IT in shades.

3. Chastain , an old school Heavy Metal outfit, or if you like, American Power Metal band ( Dio, Jag Panzer, Armored Saint etc.) Led by guitar wizard , David T. Chastain & the powerful and very METAL vocal talents of the appropriately named , Leather Leone. Leather has been referred to as the female version of RJD. An overlooked monster of a band.

4. Holy Moses, imagine the likes of Kreator, Sodom and Destruction ( Germany's unholy 3 of Thrash Metal ) and then imagine if there was a German band as brutality Teutonic and as Thrash worthy as these Thrash giants but led by a sexy female who can more than hold her own vocally and you have Holy Moses. Sabrina Chassen is legendary in Europe.

5. Lucifer, Doom Metal with soaring vocals and entralling harmonies but also encased In ruff and catchy riffs. Vocalist Johanna is a powerful yet anglic siran who's vocals easily convey both light and dark and every other color in the spectrum that is Doom.
In one word ; Bewitching.

OK, I've nerded out on these great bands long enough. Any others here have a passion for any female fronted Metal bands
?

My runner up is Arch Enemy.

Last edited:

BikerDude

Dude
Reaction score
I'll take a crack at it.
It's not my usual listening material so I'm no expert.

No order

Lacuna Coil
Draconian
Amarenthe
Kittie
Acid King (Sludge Metal - think Tad with a female singer)

Last edited:

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Epica
Nervosa
Nightwish all eras.
Within Temptation
Hemina
Leaves Eyes
Sirenia
Lacuna Coil
Delain
Arch Enemy

Honourable mentions to Holy Moses, The Agonist, Divine Ascension.

Last edited:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
juliebell

Staff online

Members online