1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Post a Video

Discussion in 'Off Topic Abyss' started by doswizard, Apr 15, 2018.

1. Nai Noswad

Nai Noswad Senior Member

Just thinking about Jimi...

doswizard likes this.
  2. doswizard

doswizard "That Which does Not Kill Us makes Us Stronger!"

3. BikerDude

BikerDude Dude

This series of vids that examine classic rock songs are great.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2019
  4. doswizard

doswizard "That Which does Not Kill Us makes Us Stronger!"

5. BikerDude

BikerDude Dude

Oh great.
    Now I like Monkey's more than people.
    Along with my dog of course.

doswizard likes this.
  6. Southern Comfort

Southern Comfort Long Hair Tribe

Been listening to Jordan Petersen lately. The guy makes some great points about things. Antifa threatened to bring out the guillotine if a documentary of his was played at a church in New York..

BikerDude likes this.
  7. BikerDude

BikerDude Dude

Yes. I am completely puzzled how anyone can think that he is in any way a right wing radical.
    It just has to be the work of people attempting to silence anyone who doesn't agree with them.
    The only area where I find him annoying is his whole take on religion.
    He ducks the issue continually.
    In every other area he is refreshingly straight forward.
    But when it comes to religion you get the whole Jungian value of stories and the "under girding" of our values ... bla bla bla.
    He ducks that one with a mountain of BS.
    When asked if he believes in God he answered that it would take him 4 hours to answer that question. No it would take him 4 hours to not answer that question would be more correct.

8. Southern Comfort

Well Bikerdude his area of education is psychology which deals with behavior. Theology is a whole different topic which is about as complex as there are religions in this world.
    Isn't religion based on a individual's perception of God?
    To me he's more concerned with something that most of us have not touched on in our lives. Getting your head straight.
    Public schools do not teach what he teaches for better reasoning as to it creates Individuality.
    And a system that designs teachings to follow leadership from those qualified only means it's frowned on to be a free thinker. You can't be controlled if you don't follow orders from authority that can't deal with everybody ignoring the stupidity of behavioral guidelines set in place for everybody to follow.
    Our society has many flaws that stifle those who challenge authority.
    Why is it that someone like Jordon would be a ideal president?? Or a professor who teaches correct way's of thinking??
    We really need to understand that we as a collective are more productive as individuals, rather than just a bunch of mindless air breathers following orders because that is the way we were taught to be from the beginning of our education
    in our society.

9. BikerDude

BikerDude Dude

Then I suppose that he should stop talking about Religion so much.
    I don't think that JP would be a good president.
    I think he is generally good at what he does.
    But I think he is taking advantage of a severe vacuum in the area of common sense.
    His advice, at least to me, is generally an exercise in stating the obvious.
    It is only in a world that has so totally lost it's way that something like his "Rules For Life" are seen as sage wisdom instead of common sense. That doesn't mean that I don't think he's a very smart guy. But generally he's working on the front of restoring sanity.
    This should constitute a low bar IMO.

The religion thing is a slight issue for me because I'd like to know what extent he is smuggling in religion with his advice. To me it makes a difference in terms of the "why" thing. I agree in a return to basic decency and values but not if it brings with it the weight of religion. He seems in this area to be hiding his cards.

And if you have the patience.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2019 at 11:43 AM
  10. Southern Comfort

I can relate to how he explained the "GOD" question in the first video.. I didn't listen to the rest of it and didn't do the second.
    But why is the whole discussion on GOD such a conflicting subject?? My theory is simple.. You come in this world alone.. You go out alone..
    To me I just have this strong conviction, that the whole religion thing is a business. And that's that..
    It's a debate that sparks all kinds of emotions..
    How does anybody actually have proof of GOD?? The bible so to speak was written in man's hand..
    If it is a history of times before.. than that is all it is..
    Religion in based on herding the weak.. Use Heaven and Hell to give them something to think about. Paint a picture of hell.. and it isn't pretty.
    Paint a picture of heaven.. well.. voila!! there's your devining rod..

But bikerdude.. I didn't mean I thought Jason would make a good president, I was implying that his style of thinking would be more to liking than a guy who stands up there and addresses the masses like a high school teenager who still uses smear tactics to win a vote..
    That seems to me to be what all politicians have to resort to, to convince people they are better at running the country..
    With your knowledge Bro.. You could run this country based on logic..