Poison (Official Thread)

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
Been listening to a couple of Poison albums tonight. I have to say that their 3rd album, Flesh and Blood is a lot better than I remember it. I haven't listened to it in quite a while.

220px-FleshAndBloodOriginal.jpg

Their 4th album, Native Tongue is also really solid. The problem with the album was the timing ... "glam metal / hair metal" was wore out amongst the masses, and there was a lineup change with CC Devill having left the band, being replaced by Richie Kotzen. As it stands, Richie's guitar playing wrecks the best of ANYTHING that Devill ever did. But this album didn't have the stand-out, break-out hit that the previous three albums all did. Nothing too radio-friendly and it just never hit like it maybe could have.

I also think that this album really stepped away from much of their previous "glam/hair" image that they had in the first few years, which probably also turned off some of their die-hard fans. I remember when it came out, I bought it right away, probably only listened to it a handful of times, and mostly retired the CD.

Having become a much bigger fan of Richie's guitar playing over the last couple of years, I have definitely found a newer appreciation for this under-played album.

220px-Native_Tongue_Cover.jpg

StreamingTodd4545

Reaction score
Wow, a blast from the past. I saw them twice, opening for Ratt and then headline on the Flesh & Blood tour. Don't get all the love for CC, he's not that great of a guitarist. Nice hair though.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online