Poco (Official Thread)

Reaction score
Re: Official Poco Thread

I have picked up about 7 of their albums now, so I am officially in the Poco fan club.

I am surprised they are still touring, man these old bands are like the Energizer bunny, they keep going............and going..........and going.................................still going strong.:D

energizer-bunny-page.jpg

It is great to see these guys, and even though I can't say from my seeing them with my own eyes.. They don't look or sound old.. maybe not as crazy and young as they once were, but they are also much more grown up than when they were 20 years old, but they aren't the guys I'd expect to be yelled at for being on their lawn.. their sound is still fresh and a little wild.... Once you lose the "wild" part it just isn't fun anymore, but they still have it.. supposedly.. I will need to clarify this for myself at somepoint:heheh:

Truckin

Ride Captain Ride
Reaction score

Rusty Young can flat out play the hell out of a steel guitar and dobro as well as he did back in the day.

I will say it again as I have since the day he left...Timothy B. Schmit needs to return to POCO.

Truckin

Ride Captain Ride
Reaction score

Actually, Furay and Messina too. Too bad Paul Cotton left. Oh I wish the old band was back together.

Reaction score

Rusty Young can flat out play the hell out of a steel guitar and dobro as well as he did back in the day.

I will say it again as I have since the day he left...Timothy B. Schmit needs to return to POCO.

Actually, Furay and Messina too. Too bad Paul Cotton left. Oh I wish the old band was back together.

THey should just have a massive Poco reunion with every member that has been in Poco:heheh:

I can imagine it being somewhat like the Band's Last Waltz type of deal..:D

Truckin

Ride Captain Ride
Reaction score

They never had massive growds at their concerts but everyone that was there were devoted fans that's for sure. If I had not picked the "Deliverin'" album as one of my choices for my Columbia House record club subscription I probably would have never even heard them because they never got any air play in NE Ohio. I had no idea who they were when I chose that album but I sure am glad I did!! Actually they did get everyone from the original band(except for Meisner) together last year for one show. I think there are some videos on You Tube.

Keep on Tryin' @ Stagecoach

Pickin' Up the Pieces @ Stagecoach

Last edited:

joe

Reaction score

Pickin' Up The Pieces IMO ranks right up there with The Byrds' Sweetheart of the Rodeo, The Gilded Palace of Sin by The Flying Burrito Brothers and Buffalo Springfield's Again as the best of the country rock genre.

Like Groovy Man stated in an earlier post The Forgotton Trail is an excellent anthology of thier early years. Highly recommended.:grinthumb

JerseyGirl

Reaction score

It's nice to see a thread dedicated to Poco. They were and still are one of my favorites. Thanks.:)

Reaction score

Glad you like them, JG!:)

Any favorite albums, songs, or stories?

JerseyGirl

Reaction score

Poco has always reminded me of the summertime. Their songs bring back some good memories for me. I don't think Poco ever got the credit they were due. Of course my favorite songs are Crazy Love, Heart Of The Night and Indian Summer, but I'll listen to anything Poco.

Last edited:

Reaction score

I can get the same vibe from them:grinthumb

Here's one to listen to:D

Another Time Around(Cantamos)

Cantamos+-+Front.jpg

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members