Placebo

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
PLACEBO ...A mighty fine band !! Difficult to label but I think Im right in saying Alternative with goth/glam influences so no surprise that I like them.I have a few cds
Formed London UK in 1994 featuring frontman Brian Malko

Discography

Placebo 1996
Without you Im nothing 1998
Black market music 2000
Sleeping with ghosts 2003
Covers 2003
Meds 2006
Battle for the sun 2009

Im fortunate to have seen PLACEBO "live" at the MERA LUNA festival in Germany.They were impressive and went down well.

Anymore fans on CRF ?? :cheers2

Last edited:

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
A great OP Lou and I'm glad to make this the official Placebo thread and junk the other as this does them much more justice. I haven't delved deeply into this band but I've liked what I've heard particularly the great Kate Bush cover! I saw them live at the Projekt Revolution tour and they put on a solid show! :cheers2

Tray73

இڿڰۣ-ڰۣ—
Reaction score
Yeah Placebo - good band :grinthumb I only have their compilation album

My favourites are Every You Every Me and Nancy Boy.

Also cool Kate Bush cover!

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
I totally agree Tray PLACEBO cover Kate Bush pretty well indeed. Heres another cover of theirs that made me smile . A 70s cheesy disco classic by Boney M "Daddy cool". I always liked the original , but this is fantastic !! :heheh:
If they had made it a single and given some airplay ...who knows ??

Attachments

• placebo2.jpg
    placebo2.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 51

Tray73

இڿڰۣ-ڰۣ—
Reaction score
I love the snazzy Daddy Cool cover!!! :tup: (I thought I would be alone on this forum in liking a few Boney M numbers hehe)

David Bowie and Placebo - what a combo! That clip looks like it's from the Brit Awards, must be some time ago as Johnny Vaughan still has hair :D

Just had a wee squizz on Google and see that Placebo released an album of covers. And they covered my favourite Smiths track - Big Mouth Strikes Again...

:nana:

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score
Well I did see them live LOU at the Isle Of Wight festival, I didn't take much notice of them but they sounded quite good, I have been trying to think of what type of music genre that they fit into, hard to pigeon hole.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HildredLad

Members online