Pink Floyd - Animals

Animals: Which song do you like better?

• Total voters

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
Just curious which of these three songs on Animals is your favorite?

• Dogs
  • Pigs (Three Different Ones)
  • Sheep

Pink_Floyd-Animals-Frontal.jpg

I only opted for the three long songs, skipping the opening and closing tracks. In my opinion, they are too short to even compete. However, if you like one of those two more, please say so and hopefully explain your reasoning.

----

The songs:

Dogs:

Pigs (Three Different Ones)

Sheep:

Jonny Come Lately

The New Kid In Town
Reaction score
This is a tricky poll - I had to listen to the album in full before deciding which song to vote for. What makes it particularly difficult, I think, is that all these songs have a lot to recommend them and in arguing the case for one song as your favourite, a similar argument can be made for the others - for example, I absolutely love the guitar outro on Sheep, but the final solo on Pigs is every bit as good.

My vote goes to Sheep, narrowly ahead of Dogs. I love every aspect of the track, and lines such as 'wave upon wave of demented avengers march cheerfully out of obscurity into the dream' are amongst my favourite in the Pink Floyd canon.

I love Pigs (Three Different Ones) as well, but I'm slightly surprised that it's taken such a clear lead over the two. Overall, this is probably my third favourite Floyd album after Dark Side and Wish You Were Here. I think it edges The Wall, as much as I love that album, as it feels like much more of a band effort (Gilmour's brilliant playing is all over the three main songs).

Last edited:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsisOFlynn

Members online