Phil Collins (Official Thread)

Sharp Dressed Man

Down South Jukin'
Reaction score
I'm a huge fan of classic Genesis, but I love Genesis with Phil as well. I'm also a fan of Phil solo, with "Serious Hits... Live!" being my favourite album.

SeriousHitsLive.jpg

Anyway, all Phil's solo albums are going to be re-issued in the foreseeable future, starting with "Face Value" and "Both Sides" on November 6th.

Face Value and 1993's Both Sides are being reissued on November 6, as the singer launches the Take A Look At Me Now campaign, which will see all his solo albums remastered and re-released in expanded form. The reissues have been curated by Collins' himself, and come with updated artwork, the original cover portraits having been re-shot. The extra tracks, many of which have never been issued on CD before, attempt to show how Collins's songs have evolved over time by contrasting the original studio versions with later concert performances.

“I’ve always been quite proud of my demos and have often made them available as B-sides, but with a few exceptions, I have avoided including those on these collections,” says Collins. “Instead, I’ve focused on how nicely the songs developed when played on stage, rather than showing how they originated.”

Each album in the series has been remastered by Nick Davis, who has worked on a number of Genesis projects, including the 1970–1975, 1976–1982 and 1983–1998 box sets. Both albums will be released as double CD digipak and digital versions featuring the remastered album and the additional content, while the vinyl versions will not include the extra tracks. Box sets featuring space for all the reissues in the series — which will be released over the coming months — will also be made available.

FACE VALUE: DELUXE EDITION

CD1 – Original Album Remastered

1. “In The Air Tonight”
2. “This Must Be Love”
3. “Behind The Lines”
4. “The Roof Is Leaking”
5. “Droned”
6. “Hand In Hand”
7. “I Missed Again”
8. “You Know What I Mean”
9. “Thunder And Lightning”
10. “I’m Not Moving”
11. “If Leaving Me Is Easy”
12. “Tomorrow Never Knows”

CD2 – Bonus Tracks

1. “Misunderstanding” – Live
2. “If Leaving Me Is Easy” – Live*
3. “In The Air Tonight” – Live*
4. “Behind The Lines” – Live*
5. “The Roof Is Leaking” – Demo*
6. “Hand In Hand” – Live*
7. “I Missed Again” – Live*
8. “….And So To F” – Live*
9. “This Must Be Love” – Demo*
10. “Please Don’t Ask” – Demo*
11. “Misunderstanding” – Demo*
12. “Against All Odds” – Demo

BOTH SIDES: DELUXE EDITION

CD1 – Original Album Remastered

1. “Both Sides Of The Story”
2. “Can’t Turn Back The Years”
3. “Everyday”
4. “I’ve Forgotten Everything”
5. “We’re Sons Of Our Fathers”
6. “Can’t Find My Way”
7. “Survivors”
8. “We Fly So Close”
9. “There’s A Place For Us”
10. “We Wait And We Wonder”
11. “Please Come Out Tonight”

CD2 – Bonus Tracks

1. “Take Me With You”
2. “Both Sides Of The Story” – Live*
3. “Can’t Turn Back The Years” – Live*
4. “Survivors” – Live*
5. “Everyday” – Live*
6. “We Wait And We Wonder” – Live*
7. “Can’t Find My Way” – Demo*
8. “I’ve Been Trying”
9. “Both Sides Of The Story”
10. “Hero” – Demo
* Previously unreleased on CD

Here's the artwork for the "Face Value" and "Both Sides" reissues. I love the idea of reproducing the arwork with modern updated photos of Phil.

Attachments

• phil.jpg
    phil.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 60

joker1961

Skaven Swear Runner
Reaction score
not the biggest fan of Collins...his first solo album I did like a lot....

Dude111

An Awesome Dude
Reaction score
Musikwala said:
I'm a bit surprised to see that there is no thread here for Collins' solo material.
I think his BEST solo song is AGAINST ALL ODDS (1984) -- I have a 45 of it and it is georgeous!! (Nicest I have ever heard that song)

Raven BlackAngel

Music Butterfly
Reaction score
I really love Phil Collins's song "Against All Odds"....it makes me sob every time I hear it, is so emotional for me..=-((

E-Z

Reaction score
Favourite Phil Collins song is a song that he performed with Phil Baily called Easy Lover from 1985 one of those 1980s songs that takes me straight back to the 1980s along with the Tears For Fears song Everybody Wants To Rule The World also from 1985

BeatleMatt

Reaction score
A few days ago I watched the Phil
Collins Experience tribute band. On this night the show had the misfortune of having horrible sound issues, leaving many of us disappointed. However I did leave the show with a renewed interest in Phil’s career.
Some of you may know that he played drums in the recording of Band Aid’s “Do They Know It’s Christmas”. Some of you may remember he produced and plays drums on “I Know There’s Something Going On”, by Frida. (Daryl Stuermer on guitar) Frida is the female voice speaking lines in the Adam Ant song, “Strip”, which is also one of the songs on which Phil Collins plays drums.
Phil played drums on several tracks on Robert Plants first two solo albums. Plays drums, backing vocals, other instruments on Eric Clapton’s albums Behind The Sun and August. Drums on “No One Is To Blame”, Howard Jones.
On and on. The man really has had an amazing career.

BeatleMatt

Reaction score
Favourite Phil Collins song is a song that he performed with Phil Baily called Easy Lover from 1985 one of those 1980s songs that takes me straight back to the 1980s along with the Tears For Fears song Everybody Wants To Rule The World also from 1985
And mention Tears For Fears, Phil Collins is credited with playing drums briefly on “Woman In Chains”.

Reactions: E-Z

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online