Phil Collins (Official Thread)

Hurdy Gurdy Man

Reaction score
Great tune as well as unforgettable video.Real big with those of us who belonged to the MTV generation back in the 1980's.

Vehicle

Aging Metalhead
Reaction score
His first solo album wasn't bad at all. Heavy on the pop, but a pretty good smattering of funk as well.

A perfect example:
Removed dead video
This is a pretty good cut from that cd. Easily my favorite. Must be the banjo:

This is my fave solo cut

He lost me after that. The same fate that afflicted Sir Elton. Either boredom, creative bankruptcy, complacency, I don't know. Just started sound really bland.

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
This is my fave solo cut

I Don't Care Anymore

Same here, easily my favorite song in Phil's solo efforts. It really ****** me off that the song isn't included on any of his "Best of" releases or the box set (which isn't really a true box set). :mad

Musikwala

Popmartian
Reaction score
Against All Odds is great! :grinthumb

I don't know... maybe it's just me but I like a lot of his solo songs such as I Wish It Would Rain Down, Something Happened On My Way To Heaven, Sussudio, Two Hearts, True Colours (Cyndi Lauper song), Both Sides Of The Story, Everyday, Dance Into The Light, Strangers Like Me, You'll Be In My Heart and so on. I don't mind even Another Day In Paradise. Call it 80s nostalgia maybe.

Jet

Midway Up The Ceiling
Reaction score
Against All Odds is great! :grinthumb

I don't know... maybe it's just me but I like a lot of his solo songs such as I Wish It Would Rain Down, Something Happened On My Way To Heaven, Sussudio, Two Hearts, True Colours (Cyndi Lauper song), Both Sides Of The Story, Everyday, Dance Into The Light, Strangers Like Me, You'll Be In My Heart and so on. I don't mind even Another Day In Paradise. Call it 80s nostalgia maybe.

I love his solo career. I didn't even know he was with Genesis when I first heard him. I like Genesis also, but I think he does great on his own also. :grinthumb

Lynch

Reaction score
Another song of his that I find to be pretty epic and it's probably my 2nd favorite song by Phil is the track he collaborated on with Eric Clapton. By the way, Clapton's playing is VERY heartfelt if you ask me. Some of his best stuff of the last 25 years (IMHO).

I Wish It Would Rain Down

Official video with the goofy intro. The actual music doesn't start until the 2:30 mark. THe video is kinda funny though, especially where they have "Bill Collins" face inserted into some iconic newspaper clippings as well as some historic movies and pictures. :)

Lynch

Reaction score
Don't Lose My Number

Another one of Phil's goofy story-telling videos. He did have a knack for this sort of thing back in the 80's. :)

Jet

Midway Up The Ceiling
Reaction score
Another song of his that I find to be pretty epic and it's probably my 2nd favorite song by Phil is the track he collaborated on with Eric Clapton. By the way, Clapton's playing is VERY heartfelt if you ask me. Some of his best stuff of the last 25 years (IMHO).

I Wish It Would Rain Down

Official video with the goofy intro. The actual music doesn't start until the 2:30 mark. The video is kinda funny though, especially where they have "Bill Collins" face inserted into some iconic newspaper clippings as well as some historic movies and pictures. :)

Wow! Wow! Wow! :grinthumb

Even though this one was with Genesis, I thought it was funny. :D

I Can't Dance

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ElviraPeth

Staff online

Members online