PHD (Official Thread)

billyporter

Reaction score
PHD on Wikipedia
Jim Diamond Official Website
Tony Hymas Official Website

anyone here like the band phd?

jim diamond and tony hymas are the two people in it. hymas has worked a bit with jeff beck, he's on keyboards.
diamond has one of those voices you love or you cannot stand. he's had a couple of hit singles under his own name. i should of known better was perhaps his most popular.

Albums:

1981 Ph.D
1983 Is It Safe?
2009 Three

i only have their second album, 'is it safe?' i've heard their first but i wasn't so keen on that. that one i think contains their only european hit, 'i won't let you down.'
too hard to describe really so i won't bother.

apparently they got back together a while back and recorded a third lp, has anyone here heard it?

just found the full second album!

Ph.D. - is it safe (full album) - YouTube

Last edited by a moderator:

foreverblue

Reaction score
Re: phd

PHD on Wikipedia
Jim Diamond Official Website
Tony Hymas Official Website

anyone here like the band phd?

jim diamond and tony hymas are the two people in it. hymas has worked a bit with jeff beck, he's on keyboards.
diamond has one of those voices you love or you cannot stand. he's had a couple of hit singles under his own name. i should of known better was perhaps his most popular.

Albums:

1981 Ph.D
1983 Is It Safe?
2009 Three

i only have their second album, 'is it safe?' i've heard their first but i wasn't so keen on that. that one i think contains their only european hit, 'i won't let you down.'
too hard to describe really so i won't bother.

apparently they got back together a while back and recorded a third lp, has anyone here heard it?

just found the full second album!

Ph.D. - is it safe (full album) - YouTube

i liked this band.. what is their second album like?

Tray73

இڿڰۣ-ڰۣ—
Reaction score
I remember Jim Diamond, didn't he also sing the theme tune 'Hi ** Silver' to the 80's/early 90's tv show Boon? I don't know PHD but will have a listen!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayanhere

Members online