Peter Frampton – Thank You Mr. Churchill (2010)

Groovy Man

I'm Not Like Everybody Else
Reaction score
Re: Peter Frampton – ‘Thank You Mr. Churchill’

Picked this album up two weeks ago, and it's pretty damn good.

''Solution'' and ''I Want It Back'' and ''Asleep At The Wheel'' are pretty hard and heavy with some great guitar work...

''I'm Due A You'' and ''Invisible Man'' are ready for the radio, very upbeat and catchy...

''Asleep At The Wheel'' is another good song and the instrumental, ''Suite Liberte'' really showns off Frampton's guitar skills,

Frampton and Tom Petty's new one are the albums of the summer so far - I've been listening to both albums a lot. Go out and pick 'em up!

Last edited:

rtbuck

Reaction score

Thanks Groovy man, I was debating on picking up the new Petty & if you enjoy it I'm sure I will!

Astrid Kirchherr65

Classic 60's Chick
Reaction score

Picked this album up two weeks ago, and it's pretty damn good.

''Solution'' and ''I Want It Back'' and ''Asleep At The Wheel'' are pretty hard and heavy with some great guitar work...

''I'm Due A You'' and ''Invisible Man'' are ready for the radio, very upbeat and catchy...

''Asleep At The Wheel'' is another good song and the instrumental, ''Suite Liberte'' really showns off Frampton's guitar skills,

Frampton and Tom Petty's new one are the albums of the summer so far - I've been listening to both albums a lot. Go out and pick 'em up!

Yeahh Mr Frampton !! I love it !:cheers2

oldskoolR&R

Reaction score

This is a great record. Some of his stuff over the last 15 years or so has seemed a little half hearted. But he showed on "Fingerprints" from a couple years ago that he could still play and he shows here that he can still write...and play!:heheh: Road to the Sun (recorded with his son Julian's band) is a real rocker! I'm not sure who plays what on that song, but it's borderline metal in spots. Thank You Mr. Frampton. And I agree with Groovy Man that this and Tom Petty latest are the albums of the year so far.

Flower

retired
Reaction score

I've just picked up some Frampton trivia from my local "Classic Rock Station" ...

Peter Frampton's first band was called The Little Ravens and he was only ten years old and a pupil at Bromley Technical School (his father, Owen, was the Head of the Art department) when that band was formed but Peter had a keen interest in music from the time that he was seven years old.

David Bowie also attended Bromley Technical School and had a band called George & the Dragons. He and Peter would play Buddy Holly songs on their lunch break.

Both The Little Ravens and George & the Dragons would play at school dances.

When Peter was eleven, he joined a band called The Trubeats.

It's pretty amazing that Peter started his career so early ... :grinthumb

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustybroom

Staff online

Members online