Pete Murray

CP/M User

Ace in the Hole
Reaction score
Salmacis wrote:

Lines is another good tune CP/M! Well, they're all good tunes! And apparently, Bob Dylan is one of his influences, (as well as Nick Drake and Neil Young) so that could explain the bit of folk :)

Yeah I could compare him to Neil Young cause I have the Harvest album which is a blend of just about everything - which is kind of like what you get in "Feeler"! :D Bob Dylan got his influence from Woody Guthrie which is stictly Folk - though guys like Woody Guthrie and Pete Seeger had a huge influence in the folk music which would follow since they were together in groups like The Almanac Singers! :lmao:

CP/M User

Ace in the Hole
Reaction score
But yeah pretty much all the Pete Murray tunes I've heard are always good. I like "Lines" though cause it's got a bit of that Pink Floyd "Astronomy Domine" sound about it! :D

Gabble Ratchet

Reaction score
Pete is back with a new single and upcoming new album! :D

Pete is obviously keeping up with the times, this song has a strong indie rock feel as is the rage. It's a strange style for his smooth folk pop voice and I'm still undecided on my opinion of the song. The horn section is a welcome addition though, and it still does have the Pete Murray stamp on it, I guess I'm just hoping for some more emotional stuff and some ballads when the album comes out! :D

limpy

Penguin Power
Reaction score
I should really listen more of him! He got some pretty nice songs!

This is one of the songs I have of his "Saving Grace" Very gentle and smooth!

Gabble Ratchet

Reaction score
^^ The whole Summer At Eureaka album is as good or better than that Limpy, truly a landmark in Australian music! :grinthumb

Pete is just able to create a warmth that I can feel flowing through all of his music :)

CP/M User

Ace in the Hole
Reaction score
I brought Pete's "Blue Sky Blue" 12 months ago, though I've only played it a couple of times. I wouldn't say it was a bad album, I guess 12 Months ago I had purchased other albums which were literally stuck on. I also have "See The Sun" and "Feeler", though "Feeler" is the album I play more of, apparently the one to get is "Summer At Eureaka", I guess I could get it for 10 bucks it's been out for a while :??

CP/M User

Ace in the Hole
Reaction score
Just wondered if anyone else has brought Pete's "Blue Sky Blue" album. I've had it for a while now and in more recent times I've found myself playing it a bit more. I also went out and brought the "Blue Sky Blue The Byron Sessions" which came out this year on CD which is an interesting retake on the "Blue Sky Blue" album which makes for interesting listening if you like alternative variation. Though the original album seems to be getting more of the Laser treatment now. :D

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Members online