Pete Murray

Gabble Ratchet

Reaction score
Southbound+Music+Festival+2009+Day+1+-e6Ew6TXMfUl.jpg

Pete Murray is an ARIA nominated singer and songwriter, who has released three albums that all went to no.1. His main trade is acoustic guitars and a soft smooth voice, although he has been known to plug in a bit of electric rock or jump on the piano for a ballad or two.

I have all three albums and was lucky enough to see him live at the 2008 Clipsal 500 :D

Vids:

Last edited:

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
3 of those videos are blocked in the USA, too bad. The other two that I could listen to weren't bad, Sal. I really like acoustic guitar players...I will have to search his music a bit more.

Pete seems to be very mellow, easy listening type stuff. This is great music to chill to, for me anyway.

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
You probably know by now that I love folky singer songwriter guys so I'm surprised I missed this thread! I listened to the two videos that aren't blocked and this guy was pretty chill and relaxed! A little more relaxed than I usually prefer but not a bad voice or vibe at all! Pretty cool Sal! :grinthumb

Gabble Ratchet

Reaction score
He's one of my favourite singers, I love the feel of his music, always makes me happy :)

Which vids were blocked? I'll take them down and put up a few more and hope for the best!

CP/M User

Ace in the Hole
Reaction score
I love his "Feeler" album and also have to have a good listen to "See the Sun" before I can pass judgement, though it's not bad - I have a feeling "Feeler" is my favourite of the two though! :wtf:

Another song I like of his is "Lines"! :D

And I also have the DVD for his Feeler tour, which is a good listen to as well! :D

One has to wonder though that after listening to a few of his songs there's a bit of a folk origin in his music. I think I was reading somewhere that his Genre is described as Easy-Listening Acoustic or something in that nature!

Last edited by a moderator:

Gabble Ratchet

Reaction score
Lines is another good tune CP/M! Well, they're all good tunes! And apparently, Bob Dylan is one of his influences, (as well as Nick Drake and Neil Young) so that could explain the bit of folk :)

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsisOFlynn

Members online