Personal/Sentimental Favorites!

Rocker440

Reaction score
What are some of your personal/sentimental favorite albums or songs, and if you'd like to relate why are they your favorites? :cheers: :)

One of my very favorite albums, and almost all of the songs on it, too, is this fantastic, classic debut from one hard rocking band!

61CM5D7qviL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
Black Sabbath - S/T

Black Sabbath - Black Sabbath

I remember when this awesome was first unleashed upon the listening public and I was extremely impressed with all of the songs, music and mostly gothic tones, too! :rock: The Black Sabbath debut album will always have great, special significance with me and for several and also meaningful ways, too! :tup:

Another couple of my personal favorite albums are from Uriah Heep! I was very impressed with both of these terrific albums when I first heard them many years ago and with every time I listen to them again! The music is excellent, the songs have great meaning and the performances were top notch, imo!

31SNST2K8PL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
Uriah Heep - Look At Yourself
418w5FJeaDL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
The UK edition artwork.

and...

5142DKSA8HL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
Demons & Wizards

Demons & Wizards is one of my very favorite albums and in many ways. The songs, music and performances all are fantastic, imo! :tup:

Rainbow Demon

41TWQZHHKQL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
Live

There are some times when a live album is released at the right time, or at the least with many of the possibly more popular band members. Uriah Heep Live has both many of my favorite UH songs, but also featuring the band members that I greatly like and do enjoy, a lot, too!

Another album that I greatly like...
d01b81b0c8a0ac2d920b8110.L._AA300_.jpg
Deep Purple - In Rock :omg:

Speed King

In Rock was one of the most interesting, and also fascinating rock albums that I was exposed to at a pretty young age, but it was both extremely impressive and also features performances of great music, songs and performers that were very eye and ear-opening! :oyea: In Rock quickly became one of my very favorite albums to play and at that time it was on my older, pretty basic HiFi system! (a simple turntable and two small, not great quality speakers :heheh:) I tested the limits of that system with In Rock and quite a few other great, classic albums, to mostly hear the speakers vibrate beyond their basic capabilities and that usually didn't last too long either! :D

I'll be back with many more great personal/sentimental favorites and asap! :)

:cheers2

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score
^^ I like all those Rocker440 but one you have mentioned is an all time fave of mine. Deep Purple in rock .. one of, if not the first album I ever bought as a schoolkid, great memories attached, and my older brother used to play his copy to death in the early to mid 70's.

Another big favourite of mine is ..

30cnhmu.jpg

Not a dud track on here IMO and god knows how many hours worth of play my old vinyl copy has had.

electric funeral

Just listening music
Reaction score
The albums you mention are all fav's of me as well.

But with all due respect, you wrote: I remember when this awesome was first unleashed upon the listening public and I was extremely impressed.

That means you were 9 or 10?? When I was that age there was no Black Sabbath in my live, just football and playing outside!!

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score
9kqhxx.jpg

I rate all the early Whitesnake albums but Ready An' Willing is a bit special it was never off my turn table. Again it's the memories that the songs trigger and thoughts of good friends that are no longer around .. solid album.

Nololob

Long Live Wock 'n' Woll
Reaction score
Nazareth+-++Expect+No+Mercy.png
Nazareth+-+Hair+Of+The+Dog.jpg

Those albums were a part of my very first CDs I ever bought, I will never forget my huge satisfaction and obsession on having a physical copies. In Rock and Machine Head from Purples and Death Walks Behind You are the albums I also bought that day. My personal favourites, but my #1 greatest and the best album that will remain forever is this:

AlbumCovers-BlackSabbath-BornAgain%25281983%2529.jpg

I don't care if people are saying Gillan doesn't fit in Sabbath and the songs were badly made - I love this album, probably the heaviest and fastest Sabbath album ever to be recorded and love Gillan's voice (Zero The Hero) and screams (Disturbing The Priest, Hot Line).

gcczep

Ever Onward...
Reaction score
These were the FIRST three LPs I bought...at a Music Plus in South L.A. thanks to a friend Renee.

51Ypeo2eqhL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
Became my favorite band in junior high... The power, the mystique. Page's violin bow and theremin workout panning across my speakers.

51EmXJWudAL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
The great power pop hooks...they were all over the airwaves at the time. Loved "Surrender" instead of the more popular "I Want You To Want Me"

51CsLpTb2hL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
"More Than A Feeling" was a staple of FM radio. Turned out that I loved the rest of the LP.

Rockperson

Reaction score
Scorpions - Animal Magnetism is a sentimental album for me, one of the first rock albums I ever listened to and I saw them on the 1980 tour.

51elZgZaSQL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

the_spore

God Emperor
Reaction score
A whole lot of memories have been made while this album as a whole or just a song from it was playing.

d262b220dca0671cc6239010.jpg

TheWhalerfan

Lovus My Avatarus
Reaction score
My brother always tried to steer me into hard rock, even at a young age. This song was the the first one I can remember liking that wasn't bubblegum fluff.

First Rush song I got into, and still my favorite one. This tune is resposible for my intense admiration of the band, and an increased general interest in all music.

As I have stated in another post, discovering Heart broke down many barriers I had with music, forcing me to be more open from the days where I just wanted everything to be as loud and hard as possible. Straight On is the earliest Heart song I can remember hearing, and also remind sme of some good times as a kid up at our cabin.

Rocker440

Reaction score
The albums you mention are all fav's of me as well.

But with all due respect, you wrote: I remember when this awesome was first unleashed upon the listening public and I was extremely impressed.

That means you were 9 or 10?? When I was that age there was no Black Sabbath in my live, just football and playing outside!!

Yes, I was 8 when I first heard Black Sabbaths' debut album! :) Although that was/is a pretty young age to be hearing many kinds of rock music, imo, my older siblings both were big music fans and also did buy many new records when they were first released. My older brother was more into hard rock, both with many of his friends also listening to the new, popular bands of that time and he was also an aspiring musician, too. Although my older brother didn't have very much money for a good quality stereo, he was very ingenious and improvised with combining different pieces of equipment for his own cool sounds. I have the utmost respect both for :bow: him, his influences and also listening preferences, and also all of my family for their excellent, cool and diverse music influences within my formative years! :heheh: I may not have realized in those years just how much and also being educated about many different, appreciated and great music forms and styles at that time, but I certainly have for many years ongoing, and I always will continue to. Of course, some people may well view being exposed to hard rock 'n' roll at a pretty year age within a not so favorable light, but that's cool, too! :D

9kqhxx.jpg

I rate all the early Whitesnake albums but Ready An' Willing is a bit special it was never off my turn table. Again it's the memories that the songs trigger and thoughts of good friends that are no longer around .. solid album.

:cheers2 Sox! Although Ready An' Willing wasn't the first Whitesnake album I bought, the double album Live...In The Heart Of The City was, the next Whitesnake album I did buy next was Ready An' Willing. I like Live...ITHOTC so much I also bought it on both cassette and CD formats, too!

That's a bummer about good friends that are no longer around! :uh: I've both thought about that and certainly realized there are many that I've know that are gone, too. I do try to keep both my memories of them alive, with remembering them fondly, continuing to listen to and greatly enjoy as much music and also great times that we shared together! I continue to appreciate all of the music that is very meaningful and important within my experiences, too!

^^ I like all those Rocker440 but one you have mentioned is an all time fave of mine. Deep Purple in rock .. one of, if not the first album I ever bought as a schoolkid, great memories attached, and my older brother used to play his copy to death in the early to mid 70's.

Another big favourite of mine is ..

30cnhmu.jpg

Not a dud track on here IMO and god knows how many hours worth of play my old vinyl copy has had.

You are spot on and I most certainly agree, Sox! :cheers: In Rock both was a monster of an album and also enlightened me to many fantastic songs, music and in cool, groundbreaking ways, imo! I greatly enjoy the creativeness of all of the new band members on In Rock, with the songs, music and performances!

Sox, I didn't have enoughttime to post more of the Sabbath albums and songs that I wanted to, and I will do that asap. I would be both hard pressed, or more aptly put, it would be almost impossible for me to pick only one of the first half dozen BS catalog as a favorite album, as every one has a very special significance to me, and in various, fantastic and appreciated ways. My older brother was instrumental with many of the first, or beginning :heheh: of my classic, hard rock education and I'm both extremely grateful to him for that and have told him that on numerous occasions, too! :tup:

Nazareth+-++Expect+No+Mercy.png
Nazareth+-+Hair+Of+The+Dog.jpg

Those albums were a part of my very first CDs I ever bought, I will never forget my huge satisfaction and obsession on having a physical copies. In Rock and Machine Head from Purples and Death Walks Behind You are the albums I also bought that day. My personal favourites, but my #1 greatest and the best album that will remain forever is this:

AlbumCovers-BlackSabbath-BornAgain%25281983%2529.jpg

I don't care if people are saying Gillan doesn't fit in Sabbath and the songs were badly made - I love this album, probably the heaviest and fastest Sabbath album ever to be recorded and love Gillan's voice (Zero The Hero) and screams (Disturbing The Priest, Hot Line).[/QUOTE]

That's both very interesting to myself, as I certainly relate to wanting many albums myself and trying to buy as many as I could, too, Nololob. I also have done that with regard to some CD editions of particular favorites that I've enjoyed and also have fond memories of for many years, and although Razamanaz was the first Nazareth album I bought, Expect No Mercy has a great meaning for me, too! I saw Nazareth on that tour and was extremely impressed both with the original band, the songs they played from ENM and their cohesiveness.!Manny Charlton is a phenomenal guitar player, and Nazareth was terrific, imo!

Nololob, I know what you mean! Although some fans may not have liked either Ian Gillan joining BS, or perhaps the songs on Born Again, I greatly do. I'm a long time BS fan and have experienced the original band in concert twice, and was set to see them again with RJD but the band both canceled their show on that night and also the remainder of their dates on the Black and Blue tour, too. However, I did see BS again with Ian Gillan on the Born Again tour a few years later, which was a near last minute decision, I'm glad I went to that show. Imo, Ian Gillan was both amazing with his vocal abilities, but also with the way he performed every song that night and with class, too! I had never heard any singer hit high notes as Ian Gillan did and I was floored :omg:, although not literally as I may have been at some concerts back in those days!

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustybroom

Staff online

Members online