People who don't like music?

architect

Supine In The Sunshine
Reaction score
:wtf:Anyone know people like this?

I was talking to a group of co-workers recently. We were casually talking about music each of us relating favorite bands, songs, concerts we'd been to, and one person said that he didn't really listen to music. I asked him if he had a favorite band and he said no, that he dosen't ever put music on and when I pressed him about it he said he could deal with Country music and rock, but it's not something he actively thinks abut. I didn't want him to feel like a jerk so I let it go, but I was just in disbelief that someone couldn't care less about music.

Any thoughts?

aeroplane

In Urgent Need of Advice
Reaction score
*shrugs*

No different than people who don't like to read, watch tv, watch movies, exercise, play sports, etc.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I've known a few people like that over the years...music is not a priority in their lives. My Dad never played music in his life, but it was my Mom's favorite indulgence.

Music is important to me, I have something for every mood and occasion. I can go a couple of days without playing anything depending on what's going on, but I can't picture my world without my music as part of it.

Titokinz

Earthbound misfit
Reaction score
Whenever I've met people like that it's more they don't look into and explore music, they'll still listen to it, but they'll listen to whatever is readily available to them without putting much effort into finding it. Man, those people are missing out.

lady_barrett2112

I ♥ the Ox
Reaction score
I know exactly where architect is coming from. I know there are people that are not into music but in my heart, I couldn't live without it. I think spending time in my room listening to CDs was my favorite past time as a teenager.

... oh well as the saying goes, to each his/her own. :confused:

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
It's odd how some people don't like music, because there is so much of it everywhere. I'm the same as probably everybody, I couldn't live without music. It's helped me a lot through the years.

the_spore

God Emperor
Reaction score
I remember reading a news article a year or two (maybe three years?) ago about some thirteen year old prodigy who was attending some Ivy League college and during an interview he was asked what kinds of music he liked and he said he didn't listen to music because he found it to be "distracting" and a "waste of time".

Aside from that, I've never encountered anyone that didn't like music. I wish I could find the source to that article, but that's really the only thing I remember about it.

I know, I know. Cool story, bro.

Fever

Reaction score
It's the people who don't care that much about music that are responsible for the same songs being played over and over again on radio:grinthumb

They don't care to dig deep into music and are happy just to hear the same stuff all the time.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsisOFlynn

Members online