Pennywise

ComfortablyNumb

Unquestionable Presence
Reaction score
Pennywise

pennywise.jpg

Pennywise is a punk rock band from Hermosa Beach, California. They formed in 1988. Their name was taken from the monster, It from the Stephen King novel.
Their line-up, which remained constant from 1996 to 2009, consisted of Jim Lindberg (vocals), Fletcher Dragge (guitars), Randy Bradbury (bass) and Byron McMackin (drums).
They kept their original line-up until original bassist Jason Thirsk committed suicide in 1996, due to issues with his alcoholism, after which Bradbury joined as his replacement.
In August 2009, Lindberg decided to leave the band. Zoltán Téglás (Ignite) was recently named as Lindberg's replacement.

Great band, first heard them in the skateboarding video game Top Skater (arcade game). I bought one of their albums and fell in love with them. They gained a huge following of surfers, skateboarders, and snowboarders from their songs being in videos for those sports. They gained a big reputation for their wild and violent shows (I can say they did get crazy when I saw them). Their song Bro Hymn is used in a lot of sporting events as well.
One of the best punk bands that are still around.
I will definitely see them with their new singer just to see if they still have the same chemistry. I will write a review on that show after and let you know whether or not to see them.

I highly recommend their albums.

Reaction score
I've only heard a few of their songs through some guys that used to hang around the skate park with us... I like what I've heard though :D

ComfortablyNumb

Unquestionable Presence
Reaction score
going to bump this thread.

My ex loved Pennywise as do I and we actually saw them live with their new singer. He is actually really really good, but the problem is his voice is not really close to how Jim's is, but once they write material with him they will be fine.

ComfortablyNumb

Unquestionable Presence
Reaction score
This is why I have always loved this band. They actually give a **** about the fans.

Just watch security about to beat the hell out of this guy and Fletcher stops playing to get involved to make sure that does not happen.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Members online